We use a lot of automotive chemicals every day, and we refer to ‘em all as sauce. Carb sauce, gear sauce, gasket sauce–whatever. By the time you’ve been through a few decades with this stuff, you know what works and what doesn’t, though the state of California has been mixing up the rules and castrating a lot of our favorites over the past few years. Nevertheless, we thought we’d bring you today’s faves.
The Top 11 Greatest Automotive Sauces
11) Any ATF, the cheaper the better, because anything will do a burnout with enough ATF on the tarmac
10) Rain X, because wipers are overrated, or at least rarely functional
9) Justice Bros. White Lithium Grease, since nothing compares for assembling AN hose ends
8.) Restore engine rebuild in a bottle, the physical representation of your last freaking automotive hope
7) Lucas trans rebuild in a bottle, when broke describes more than just your transmission
6) Whatever that rat-turd-looking radiator stop-leak stuff is. It’s a clotting agent for your car!
5) B-12 Chem Tool Carb and Choke Cleaner (For you EFI guys, a choke is what
makes a carb work in the morning when it’s cold.)
4) Any real (read: non-California) brake parts cleaner, because anything that turns oil into
water you can clean up with a paper towel instantly kicks some ass
3) 20-year-old Chem-Dip parts cleaner, the kind that comes in a bucket with a basket and that gets hot when it cleans stuff and that attaches stink to you like it was welded on. You can’t buy the stuff any more. You have to still have it from years back.
2) VHT Track Bite. Anything that smells that great, leads to wheelstands, and makes you go fast has got to be a gift from God.
1) PB B’laster Penetrating Catalyst, with more text on the can than any product of its size. But remember: it’s not that kind of penetrating catalyst.