Check it out Ford fanatics. DIYAutoTune.com, the leader in Do It Yourself EFI kits and components, has just released their newest PNP (PlugNPlay) system for Fords. We gave you a sneak peak of this bad boy a couple months ago, but now it is available to the public. We saw it in person while hanging out with them at Bonneville working on Lee Sicilio’s car, and also checked out some cool new stuff that is coming down the pipe. But this latest kit is great because you do virtually no wiring at all. Just plug it in and you are ready to load your software and get your tune on.
Here’s the scoop from Matt Cramer with DIYAutoTune, who is also a Hero BangShifter in our forums.
DIYAutoTune.com is pleased to introduce their MegaSquirt PNP Gen 2 for ’86-’93 5.0 Mustangs! This racing ECU completely replaces the stock EEC-IV computer, and lets you tune your fuel and ignition curves with a laptop in real time. Other features include:
- 4 bar internal MAP sensor for all out turbo buildups
- Electronic boost control output
- Peak and hold injector drivers for running low impedance injectors on the stock wiring harness
- 2 step rev limiter
- Knock sensor input with adjustable knock threshold and headphone jack to let you listen to knock as you tune
- Compatible with most aftermarket wideband controllers
Retail price is $839, including a tuning cable and software CD. DIYAutoTune.com plans to bring out MegaSquirtPNPs for the ’94-’95 5.0 and 2.3 Turbo applications next, with more domestic applications on the drawing board.
For details about the MegaSquirtPNP lineup, email firstname.lastname@example.org.