Electroluminescent paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electroluminescent paint

Been snooping around in different technologies and found this stuff. I've seen blurbs floating around for awhile now but figured they were either hoaxes or CGI renderings of potential products. Turns out it's real and really cool! Check these vidoes out and think about the possibilities that are here, now. Pretty amazing stuff.

Lumilor is electroluminecent lighting system available as a paint or vinyl to illuminate your product without changing form or function.

I'm probably wrong

I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Yep, EL paint is really neat stuff. And it's such a simple premise on how it works.

Electroluminescent wheels by Dunlop Audi A9 prototype. Light rims is what happens when 2 giants appeal officially this technology.

Imagine this glowing at night.
              1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

The paint itself is incredible, but the rest of the applications for this technology is what blows me away. Cooking something on a counter top, with no burners, in the package that it came from the store in. No residual heat from cooking on the counter or the package, just the warmth from the heated food. Able to tell the contents of your pantry and get a shopping list from anywhere in the world.

If I'm understanding it correctly, the paint itself is pressure sensitive, that's how they are able to tell how much is in each package, by sensing the outward pressure of the product in the package.

From what they were saying in the videos, it's cheaper, safer, and more efficient than a microwave to boot. A small pot of water boiling in 30 seconds, and you're able to pick it up and handle it immediately?

Unbelievable.

The biggest obstacle to the paint right now (as far as I have found out) is that the brightness fades with continuous use, so it's like regular glow in the dark stuff. I don't know how long it takes to fade though. They get that stabilized and longer lasting... Imagine safety and emergency response vehicles like ambulances and fire trucks getting a coating of this. Talk about being visible!
                Last edited by tedly; November 30, 2014, 05:30 PM.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

It probably oxidizes just like anything else and I'm sure the voltaic effects don't help the situation.
                  1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                  1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Working...
                  X