Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Kart Drifting Video: A an old school twin engine kart hangs the tail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Kart Drifting Video: A an old school twin engine kart hangs the tail!

Because of the popularity of “arrive and drive” karting facilities many people think that kart racing is some sort of newfangled thing. Those people are very, very wrong. Go kart racing has been serious business for a long time. Guys like Captain Jack McClure gained national fame and stature by racing karts like the one […]

More...

So I put this on the blog "Nice! I noticed recently that those old West Bend engines go for some coin ... check out VintageKarts.com for some great pictures of old karts. My favorite book in school was copyrighted something like 1969 and it was titled simply "Karts". There was one page where the guy had put a 45 hp outboard motor on one, several on alcohol, many 100mph enduro karts.

Comparing an old McCulloch to a modern water cooled Kawhonzukiha with a power valve is apples to space ships, but the old karts still made some oats! They're not sophisticated like todays deal, that's for sure. You didn't need a cylinder head temperature gauge readout to go have fun.

Makes me wonder if they still run a box stock 100cc KT100 Yamaha class. Those were hammer simple "old school" kind of deals. ..."

then it dawned on me how old I am.. I remember them from the late 70's so I guess that is kind of Old School in it's own right... well hell. They were new then!

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

My memory has gotten old too. I think this is the book, but I'm not sure I've got 100.00 to find out for sure... how much are memories worth?

Comment

and since you just got back from the Roadster show but printed this, here's my reaction... classic from the first "Car" toons magazine.

Comment

Working...
        X