Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For The First Time Ever A B-52 Has Flown OUT Of The Famed Arizona Airplane “Boneyard” And Back Into Service – This Is Awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For The First Time Ever A B-52 Has Flown OUT Of The Famed Arizona Airplane “Boneyard” And Back Into Service – This Is Awesome

(Photo: Master Sgt. Greg Steele/USAF) – Usually when old military aircraft fly into the famed “boneyard” at Davis-Monthan AFB in Arizona they don’t come out under their own power. We say usually because for the first time in history one actually has and the story is pretty great. The plane in question if a mighty B-52 […]

More...

Incredibly bitchin! I love it.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Moving in stereo....

Today's my wifes birthday.... She b-52.... but don't tell anyone I told you

Comment

great story.
        at 17k hours compared to an airline, it is nothing. Minimal crews at all times, there is no pig associated like a tanker.
        I'd be plucking one out of the junk yard confidently too.

I see that one was in frigid minot AFB... very cold plane. Cryogenics forever.

i am wondering when the plane I was assigned to will have a similar story.. climbing back out of a junk pile, but kc135s are so way outdone. They were done at 35 years...never mind 50.

I hope they use LEd lights.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 21, 2015, 01:12 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
        X