Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This 1980 Monza Is A Cool Little Car With An Engine We Would Have (wrongly) Scrapped In Our Younger Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This 1980 Monza Is A Cool Little Car With An Engine We Would Have (wrongly) Scrapped In Our Younger Days

While I don’t think I am necessarily getting any wiser as I advance through the years, I do believe that my ability to make rational and informed decisions is getting better. This 1980s Monza stands as a perfect case. Someone is selling this car for less than $2500 bucks. It runs, it has a hot […]

More...

Had a 79 sunbird with a 78 monza front clip and the Iorn Duke with a 4-speed behind it, great little car a blast to drive and yes fairly economical wish I still had it.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I walked by a "spyder" monza out here in the woods in the late 80s. Just sat there even after for sale...months, maybe a couple of years. Factory blue.
      A high school friend stopped to get a look, had the cash... and he changed his mind to get a citation with a v6.
      I am still laughing today.

This same town had a gt-r with fuel injection from 1981, original logos never stolen, as the plow smashed into it for nearly a decade...
      small town stuff.

These lessons hve me trying to hide a dual port, dual range, 15inch wheeled, 1 year paint code subaru still get hit by a down syndrome snowblower operator.

Again from this same little town, a creaking garage door opening in the twisted building to a baby blue factory 1984 monte carlo SS. I bought it for 1700 with just over 100k miles. Washed it, waxed, realized it was mint... charged the A/C.. and realized I did not see a genuine H.O. 305 power again until a 1996 gmc with an engine called a vortec 5.0. That was a monte carlo that broke free at 80mph.

Goes to show.. you need to stand ground kids.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 18, 2015, 03:00 AM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
      X