Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Old Press Photos: The 1957 Nash Metropolitans

Re: Cool Old Press Photos: The 1957 Nash Metropolitans

I sent them to a friend, Gregg, who has a pair. Coupe and Convert. I occasionally work on them. His regular mechanic for his Mets is a 74 y/o lady.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

My dream car! I think BangShift.com should buy one, use it as a project car, and then sell it to me when it's done.

Comment

There was a derelict one for sale near me a couple months ago. I was tempted, very tempted, but didn't have time for any more projects.

Comment

I have a friend who has three Metropolitans, one of which is a Hudson. Looks the same different badging. None run right now he has plans for them though.

Comment

One of my buddy's Mets. This one is named Trashy. He's been driving it to work everyday for the last couple of weeks.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I had a friend who had a couple of these in his junkyard some 15 years back, I always thought these were cool ,should have latched onto them instead of thinking they was in the way.

Comment

I reckon these things are a classic! I just imported one from Portland Oregon. Its a 54 and has a nissan 1500 motor and auto so its pretty reliable and not too bad to drive. I fitted a set of train horns (hornblasters.com) to it, these things are LOUD!! This thing is hilarious! with two people in it we must look like Noddy and Big Ears getting around town. I am amazed at how much attention this car gets! I keep getting people-all sorts , not just car type guys going over it saying shit like" Ohh is it a Goggomobile?" or "wow is that a Meschershmitt?" Im actually getting sick of it ('cause Im a prick) so I just blast em with the train horns and leave. :o :o :o the look on their faces is worth it. ;D

Comment

Working...
                X