Plug and Play Injection: New EZ-EFI From FAST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plug and Play Injection: New EZ-EFI From FAST

Wouldn't it only have four injectors? Which means the injectors should probably be in in the 70lb/hr range?
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

good point forgot about that. this is what makes me wonder about the actual specs of this because i was unable to find them on their site.

Comment

This stuff is all nice and dandy and I would love to play around with it on one of my engines, but it's also still 9 to 10 times the price of a regular carb.
        To my limited to none 'efi-knowledge', most of these EFI-parts usually are mass-produced. So why can't a kit like this cost around 4-500 bucks orso? I'm sure they will sell like crazy if they were.

I'm starting to think EFI just stands for "Expensive Fuel Input" ;)
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

The company that makes the kit probably spends 4-500 on parts for each kit.....problem is they want to get paid for their work, and make a profit too.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Funny, I figured dieselgeek would've been all over this one...

Comment

i saw this a few months back in one of the car mags. they put it on and found it worked great. problem was the cost was just under $2000.00...ouch. besides, i like screwing with carbs.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

the base system is under 2000 (this is without the fuel kit) the master kit is 2250 and it comes with the fuel kit.

it may work great but i think it needs more testing by us hahahahahaha i dont trust mag articles. fast has a really good rep so this is why i am more interested in this produck than others even though it is still like putting a carb on your car.

Comment

Shaun aint' happy unless he can spend a week with his laptop....

:P
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

hahahahahaha your so right but this system doesnt use a laptop.

Comment

I know, that's why you don't like it!
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

its not that i dont like it im just want to evaluate the actual performance of the thing. i trust fast did alot of testing but did they do the mountain runs and stuff like that. just driving a car around town is ok but did they take it to a tract day or two to see if it would be ok for flogging and then driving home. these are questions that have no answers on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
                          Funny, I figured dieselgeek would've been all over this one...
                          I've tested similar units with results that vary from "hey, it's sorta tuning itself" to "wow, it won't even idle correctly and EGTs bounce all over"

The bottom line is, self tuning is a great marketing idea - but until it's "self installing and self debugging" then it's really no different than any other TBI out there.

FYI, a basic megasquirt has "self tuning" just the same as this. So does a MoTec, a regular FAST, a BigStuff3, an Accel Gen7 DFI, and just about every other EFI system out there. There's a reason most people don't use the self tuning, and that reason is - it requires an OEM style exhaust with backpressure to get a wideband sensor to read accurately at idle, part throttle, etc.

The guys who don't know EFI, think the tuning part of EFI is hard. It's not. EVERY single person whose successfully completed an EFI install (not the wankers who gave it a half ass attempt, either) will tell you that the tuning part of the deal, is the easy part.

When FAST comes out with something that bolts itself and all it's ancillary parts to your engine, and then methodically makes sure it has a clean tach input signal, working MAP signal, no vacuum leaks anywhere on the engine, that your cam is timed properly, that you have your fuel system plumbed and wired and adjusted properly, THEN I will be all excited. Until then, this is just another way of getting more people to buy into EFI.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

hahahahaha so true but i still want to play with it.

Comment

Working...
                            X