• Show
Clear All

• Video of the Week: How Not to Pull Out a Stuck Jeep

Re: Video of the Week: How Not to Pull Out a Stuck Jeep

Can you say Dumbass.

Comment

UH OH.....better get Maaco!
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

ooooooo

that definitely left a mark! :o

note to self - when pulling out a friends stuck truck - pull by the frame not the axle, and pull in a direction that gets it OUT of the mud - not in DEEPER!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I think they were pulling by the frame, not that Cherokees really have one...all that suspension bolts to some pretty thin sheet metal. Without getting into techniques of how they could have gotten it out, it's good to remember that the collective intelligence of a group can add up to that of one half-asleep individual :D.

For a few hundred bucks he can find another old one to swap his stuff into...

Comment

Why is it that people insist on pulling a stuck truck out from the direction they were going????
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I wish I could have seen the footage of when they actually got the Jeep out of the mud. That thing is busted up bad, and they STILL didn't have it pulled out.

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

nice, the stuck wheel didn't even move. I'm impressed with the guy who's sitting within swing distance of the strap/cable/rope. People seem to think if they break it they won't get hurt; what they forget is that nice steel piece on the end of the rope will knock them silly if it snaps.

Oh well, I think what you see there is the pre-Darwin award winners. I nominate the guy with the camera you see in the picture, and most certainly the guy on the tire who almost fell underneath the jeep on the 2nd to last pull.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wish they showed what they were pulling it with. Sounded like a diesel truck.

Yeah if that chain broke someone was bound to get hurt bigtime. I like the guy in the dirt bike gear sitting on the ground directing traffic.

Classic stuff.

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I think we'll be reading about him in the Darwin Awards
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Haha, now that I'm home I got to watch it ;D All the funnier because I own one that looks just like that :P Now I know what "not" to do.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

That looks suspiciously like upstate Pennsylvania. Some of the most obscene things happen on the old coal piles up there.

Must be something in the water...
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

That's a special kind of "special"....Damn.
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

EGADS!!

x2 on the chain-whip-of-death....unfortunately, I've seen the aftermath, and it ain't pretty, boys...a guy I know damn near lost a leg due to that kind of stupidity.

Tow straps are your friend.

They violated the common-sense approach and pulled in the direction of the "stuck"....tsk, tsk.

Comment

I love it! Guy with nothing at stake giving directions without really paying attention, then after the damage is done, owner gets out and says: thats not good. Would have loved to him explaining to the wife how he needs to borrrow HER car to get to work ! Let me ad this also, they might as well pull it the direction that they did and tear it up because they would have just drove it back in . that's just they way half of us four wheel mud puppys are !

Comment

Working...
                              X