Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearhead Destination: Woodward Dream Cruise

Re: Gearhead Destination: Woodward Dream Cruise

I go every year and can GUARANTEE that the pics and descriptions don't even come close to covering it. I also reccomend if you come in early that you take a drive about 40 miles north to Flint for the Back to the bricks event it will round out a great weeks events.
    Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

It's not far, I'm sure we could be there.

Comment

We always attend. We have been talking about renting a lot for my store. If we do , everyone that comes out should be able to park with us.

Comment

Gotta love the dream cruise. Best part is the two weeks leading up to it. Tons of cars out actually cruising and (shhh) racing too. definitely something you should experience at least once. Then you'll never stay away. Besides this year its on my birthday. No presents, please.

Comment

Hoping to go this year. Last time I was there was 2004. Always a great time. My wife was saying just the other day that she wants to go again, and this year would be a good year to do it.

LS1, if you're selling spots I'll gladly put my name in for one.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I will be there.....Went last year and had a ball.

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

We'll have to set it up before hand,
                find where to meet up.

Comment

Im pretty much on Woodward every weekend in the summer, every night the week of the cruise and whenever im bored and its nice out. So yeah, ill be there. Normally around 13 mile.

Probably my favorite week of the year, where you dont even have to spend money to have fun. (well except for some buddys pizza)

Comment

we absolutlely MUST set up a gathering for this years' cruise.

I don't have any connections for a parking area but hopefully somebody on here does so we can park as many junkies junk together as possible and let the in person comisseration begin!

I will volunteer my shop and my assistance if anyone from out of town makes the trip here (or close) and needs help with a disabled vehicle, I have a truck and trailer if it's really bad....

I will for sure be there - Seth and I were there for a while with Dave and a few other folks last year - this year hopefully we'll have the completed forum engine powered 'bu - and the 292 in the '54 that would not have been possible without this forum either (thanks Dan and Dave!)
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

well last year was the first time i missed since 98. (went to Bonneville) . I got my room in ferndale again, keep me informed of whats going on.

anybody got last years"" Gm powers the dream cruise" windshield banner that they want to sell?
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

For all the first timers, you want to sit at a stop light at one of the half mile roads. Fewer cops, and more racing....

Comment

I've been there every year since the first one.
                          And technically every year from around 1972 through maybe 1994...
                          Black '69 Torino somewhere near the epicenter at 13 mile...

Cool thing about Woodward is that - with no rules - you will see EVERYTHING out driving at one point or another. Back when I used to rent the Starbuck's coffee lot for F-M I had some Florida and Cali based sales guys in for the weekend. They were throwing wagers with me on what cars they would not see - "I bet their won't be any Crosleys, I don't think any dune buggies will be here". They lost every wager.

Comment

We'll be there as usual....it's blasphemy for a Michigan car lover to NOT be there. :-*

Comment

One of the only places where you see rolls royces, jeeps, muscle cars, bugs, and full on race cars in the same place.

Comment

Working...
                              X