Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spec Motor for Top Fuel Cars?

Re: New Spec Motor for Top Fuel Cars?

There goes the neighborhood. Now, let's all repeat the non-conformist oath....

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

There are so many restrictions on the current setup they may as well be.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes!

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Are they going to name it EOT? Engine of tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by 62-impala-ss
          +1000

Lets just spec every form of racing to the extint that we only have one series.
          That covers it all, Drag,Circuit,Off Road,Topspeed,oval. With all these cross-over
          vehicles just pick one. :

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            There are so many restrictions on the current setup they may as well be.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes!

Brian
            i was just thinking the exact same thing.
            a smaller pump would slow a car down, but how would you enforce the size? if you hand them out and collect them at each race, you would have to make sure you get the same one back. if you trash one, what about a spare? would you be able to borrow it to test? not counting all the b.s. you would have to go through if you were a new guy showing up for the first time.
            i would suggest maybe a washer or restrictor between the pump and barrel valve. it could be checked pretty easily at the scales.
            as far as the mags.......i don't know anyone that has a true "44" amp one anymore. why you ask??? cause no one checks them.
            if you were to take away a disk and floater i would be afraid with the clutch management they would hardly skip a beat.
            to add all these new rules you would almost need a NHRA tech guy in each pit to watch what was going on. with only 75 minutes between rounds they can't sit in line at the scales for a half hour.
            i always thought a good way to slow them down is to make them go the whole race with the same block they start with. if you trash it so bad that you can't use it you're done. when you tech in the NHRA puts a tag on it like they do with semi-trailer doors. if it's missing you are disqualifyed.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

i'm still thinking about this.....what about TAD and TAFC? they will have to slow those down too. can't have an a/fueler running 5.20's and a top fueler running 5.50's. >
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
                Originally posted by CM325
                Originally posted by 62-impala-ss
                +1000

Lets just spec every form of racing to the extint that we only have one series.
                That covers it all, Drag,Circuit,Off Road,Topspeed,oval. With all these cross-over
                vehicles just pick one. :
                You mean like the psycho-kars? Nobody here would cheat. I'm sure they will all be stock.
                No never.......... ;)
                It's funny I thought about the rules They have when i read this, y'know one tracked mind.

I do like Psycho-kar though, seem fitting to this bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                  i'm still thinking about this.....what about TAD and TAFC? they will have to slow those down too. can't have an a/fueler running 5.20's and a top fueler running 5.50's. >

Now THAT'S an interesting question.

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                  X