Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rig and El Camino Stolen from Spectre Performance has been Recovered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rig and El Camino Stolen from Spectre Performance has been Recovered!

Re: Rig and El Camino Stolen from Spectre Performance has been Recovered!

Sweet! Now lets see these guys picking up trash on the side of the desert highway for the next 20 years, jail's too comfy.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

"we love it when we actually find stuff and get to nail someone"

We love it when you do! This is a happier ending than usual with stuff like this happens. Fandamntastic ;D!!!!

Comment

Great news, I saw that elky last year and it is bitchin.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Nice to see a happy ending to one of these situations for a change

Comment

Theives are the shit of the Earth.. Let's hope they get their heads kicked in.

Comment

Hey guys, Wanted to first and formost personally thank all of you who helped spread the word and made it possible to get both the rig and the El Camino back........ especially Chad and Brian for posting the blog and creating this thread. I know that without this kind of media coverage and help, it never would have happened. I can truly say that the response was overwelming.

The Truck and Trailer were recovered last Sunday by the Riverside CHP, abandoned near an industrial area in Riverside, California..... about 20 minutes from our warehouse. At the time, the El Camino was still missing along with several items in the trailer. With the pending investigation ongoing, we were asked to keep the recovery low key until the Ontario PD investigators could follow up on all leads.

On Wednesday, Ontario PD was done processing evidence from the truck and we we're allowed to pick up the truck and trailer from the towing company (a little worse for wear..... all the locks and latches broken, one storage door tweaked out of shape and the dash torn apart..... but overall not as bad as expected). Later in the day a somewhat "enthusiastic" (quote: "we love it when we actually find stuff and get to nail someone") group of detectives from the Ontario Police Department were able to recover some of the missing property (including our 15 x 60 canopy with the Spectre name and logo all over it..... not sure why they kept that!)......... although arrests were made and the investigation continued, we still had no information on the El Camino.

Thursday brought continued investigation and conversations with Ontario PD Detectives, when out of the blue we got a call from the Apple Valley PD, who said they found the El Camino in the high desert abandoned behind a new shopping center. Fearing the worst we picked up the car Thursday afternoon and were surprised to find that other than a missing mirror and a few scratches here and there it was fully intact and drivable.

I know that I speak for all of us at Spectre and once again would like to express our extreme gratitude for the overwhelming support. It just goes to prove that with the a little luck and a whole lot of help, the bad guys don?t always win and the system actually works. We?ll continue to post updates on our website regarding the results of the ongoing investigation.

Thanks again to all involved.

Mike

Comment

We used to hang horse thieves......
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

find a big oak tree, I'll fetch the rope......and no, I'm not kidding.

Having been in this position before, I'm glad the stolen items have been recovered and returned to the rightful owners....hope I'll get to see this Elco and rig someday.

Comment

Way to go, Mike M !!!! Glad you guys got your stuff back and mostly intact!!
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I guess we could put them in a life boat with some Somalian pirates, but no U.S. Navy that should work :

Comment

It might be a little difficult to pack up trash on the side of the road with a bumper from the Elky stuffed up their rear ends. I hate theives and I wish them a loooong sentence in a "romanticly lit" cell with some one that doesn't know what lube is.
                        Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Great news Mike, definitely glad to see that the El Camino was saved.

Comment

Working...
                          X