Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 610 HP LS Crate Engines from Wegner Motorsports

Re: 610 HP LS Crate Engines from Wegner Motorsports

Ok, I don't know much about LS motors. Are those ready-to-run and HEI distributors (respectively) driven off the cam? And what is that fuel pump looking thing next to the distributor? How is it driven?
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

How much do those turn key engines sell for? I tried finding them on the website you linked, but couldn't find them. Lousy website. Call me crazy, but I'd rather see a simple, easy to navigate website that works ... than some busy, cluttered website with half the links not working.

Comment

Gm performance parts makes a timing kit to run a distributor and mechanical fuel pump that comes with an eccentric and gear that bolts to the front of top timing gear (It looks like) and drives any SBF distributor.
        Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
          Ok, I don't know much about LS motors. Are those ready-to-run and HEI distributors (respectively) driven off the cam? And what is that fuel pump looking thing next to the distributor? How is it driven?
          I'd skip the distributor and run an MSD 6LS. There's less to change, it runs the factor coilpacks (which will support 1200+hp) and costs $200ish.

And you can still run a carb if that is more comfortable. The MSD 6LS is just too kickass to do it any other way IMO. Can run nitrous retard, custom timing curves, or real simple preprogrammed curves without plugging in a computer if you like. We even use it with EFI applications because the OEM coilpacks are just that damned awesome for boost/nitrous.

-scott
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
          X