Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castroneves Acquitted of Tax Evasion

Re: Castroneves Acquitted of Tax Evasion

?It's been a long seven weeks. I'm a foreign person and I've been judged in a foreign country. I'm very thankful to have received a fair trial. I do love this country.?
    -- Helio Castroneves
    God bless America.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Man, I'm glad that's over! I don't what I would have done if he ended up having to paying the government a bunch of money. :

Comment

Which yet again reinforces the fact that if the tax-holes at the IRS take a dislike to your return, they can make your life hell until you buy a high-buck attorney to shut them up. Even if you follow all the rules - rules that the IRS may not even completely understand or agree with - they can still do the "we say you bad, prove us wrong" thing to you.

Comment

The prosecutor's attitude is just typical - guilty until proven innocent. I do like one law in my state; if a government agent (like a tax agent, L&I, OSHA) brings a charge and it's not upheld; the government has to pay the defendant's attorney fees.
          Unfortunately, with the IRS there is no such law. Thus this guy paid huge sums of money to defend against the charge and, in a sense, was taxed despite his not-guilty verdict. IMO that's obscene.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
          X