Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock's New Entry Level E-Street Aluminum Heads

Re: Edelbrock's New Entry Level E-Street Aluminum Heads

I like the specs on the Ford head - nice. Port volume looks about right. Would like to see some flow figs, but I bet they are nor much different than the Performer heads. I wonder what corners they cut. Springs for sure - most people I know dump the springs anyway.

Comment

Go figure....

No Mopar stuff.

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I'm gonna say it out loud....

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Most of Edelbrock's heads ARE entry level heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of coming out with cool race quality stuff, like a small Mopar W5/W8 clone, they make junk like this.

I repeat:

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

I get ticked at Edelbrock because they *could* make serious parts that gearheads REALLY want, but instead make junk that is "kinda performance, but not really". > It's like they WANT to be mediocre and I don't get it.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I wonder, too, what corners they cut. Maybe just finish machine work? if so, then they wouldn't be a bad deal for the DIY type who does his own flow/porting.... still, aren't the main competitors (Patriot) Australian? Personally, my beef is with China, not with companies that innovate and practice good citizenship (read, don't spew their poorly made crap into the marketplace)
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I have Performers on the 'Stang. I flowed EVERY port in these heads and they were all within 5% of one another and right on with the advertised values. That's repeatability. I don't know what makes these heads different from Performers but I'm guessing they are the same castings. As far as "true" performance - Victors flow well and can port out as well as anyone's heads. This is not to discount AFR's, etc, which are excellent. On the other hand, I have lots of street miles on the Edelbrocks with Zero problems. They're tough and did exactly what Vic said they'd do. Good on them for keeping the jobs here in the USA.

Dan

Comment

BBR - we're friends here, you don't have to pussyfoot around a subject, it OK to tell us your real feelings ;)

I tend to agree on the entry level. I hurt the guy's feelings at SEMA when I looked at the 351C head and told 'em "Nice, but Trick Flow made a real head for a 2V. It's in their booth." "Why is ours not real!?" "Because you tested it on a 377 CID engine and claim 350 CID worth of power out of it. My home ported 2V open chamber iron heads work as well in the power department and flow the same. Why would I drop $1800 for a shiny part when I can get the same thing from the junk yard and tweak it for $800? And the TF heads will sell about the same as yours and look like a better deal." I'm not on Vic's xmas card list for sure now.

I'd put the E-Street items on a street rod or burger stand cruiser. They are fairly close to a full boogie iron head redo as far as price, and -for a Ford- are bound to flow better than even the set of ported GT-40s I have. Which don't flow for crap, can't even hit 150 CFM on the exhaust.

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
              I'm gonna say it out loud....

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Most of Edelbrock's heads ARE entry level heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of coming out with cool race quality stuff, like a small Mopar W5/W8 clone, they make junk like this.

I repeat:

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

I get ticked at Edelbrock because they *could* make serious parts that gearheads REALLY want, but instead make junk that is "kinda performance, but not really". > It's like they WANT to be mediocre and I don't get it.

Comment

most prob they are tweaked Performers...i doubt they dropped serious R&D coin on these....

this is just for market share.....in repsonse to the offshore stuff.....from Pro Comp and Patriot...

but i could be wrong.....

they should of tweaked the Vict JR small block heads...they have been on the market since 94 or so....
                "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Somewhat puzzled as to the target market here, particularly when an extra week's wages will buy a set of heads that have potential to take peformance well beyond 400 hp.

My sense is that Ebrock is making a play to cash in on the "tough times/buy American" mentality. If they were always able to make a quality head that could compete with the overseas POS stuff, why didn't they do it before?
                  Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I hope Edelbrock has improved the quality control of their heads, the last set of MOPAR Small Block "bolt on" heads were a MESS with a lousy valve job and left over slag. No wonder they are haveing financial problems, their bolt on heads don't bolt on.

Comment

Summit are cutting prices on theirs.
                      http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&Ntt=summit+a luminum+cylinder+heads&searchinresults=false&N=700 +115&y=14&x=23

Comment

Working...
                      X