Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Fail: Toyota Hybrid Pace Car at Select NASCAR Events

Re: Epic Fail: Toyota Hybrid Pace Car at Select NASCAR Events

ahh , pocono used to have british leyland pace cars when I was a kid , like a triumph tr6 and an xj 6

Comment

I think it's perfect...have a pace car that reflects the boring, utilitarian, bland race cars.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Classic NASCAR
        A boring race series
        Run with boring clown cars
        Driven by cloned "personalities"
        Led by a wet napkin of a pace car

The old stock car drivers of days gone by would be totally dumbfounded by what has become of their racing series.

And the powers that be at WUSCAR will be equally lost explaining how their fan base has somehow dissappeared after only a few years of making all these "enhancements" to the race series...

Comment

Wow, with that kind of forward thinking NASCAR too should be able to get fed bailout dollars - they'll need it with that kind of stupid marketing..... I mean, it's not like there's a new sports car.... like say a Camaro that they could use....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Now that they have forsaken their original Southern fan base they are shooting for the latte sucking douche bag market.

Maybe Ed Begley will be the honorary driver.

Dinks.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Maybe this is the last nail?

If this doesn't push the rest of the diehards out of the stands, I don't what will.

Just saw a commercial that states over 90% of all Camry's built since 1993 are still on the road. Anyone else call B.S. on that?

Comment

There have been enough dubious pace cars that you could probably do an 11 Worst Pace Cars list.

Comment

Have you been reading my e-mail?!

This is leagues worse than anything that's ever held the job though.

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I can say without hesitation that I have nothing positive to offer in regards to this news...and I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Now Ive seen it all!

Comment

I think it actually fits NASCAR perfectly.

Comment

its bull poopoo....

why not the a challenger or a camaro or a mustang!! ???

BAD MOVE....
                          "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

My 2 cents worth

Real racing (ARCA)was at the Rock(Rockingham NC) this past weekend on Sunday, and Ken Schrader almost won,well its better than NASCAR and cost a lot less, a hell of a lot less.
                            Maybe visit VIR this weekend, at least they are not hiding the imports, and probally some great racing going on.
                            Jerry

Comment

This just in>>>

Just picked up the Charlotte Observer
                              The reason Camry will pace the field for certain races, it is suppose to be a hybrid(green),and it meets the '' performance standards'' NASCAR sets forth for pace cars. It list that the Hybrid Fusion did pace the field last year but.... it didnt meet performance standards.
                              This just really blows, NASCAR racing ,the engines and cars are not about being green, its about going fast,and well dammit you gotta have a pace car to keep up and pace the field!

Comment

Working...
                              X