Epic Fail: Toyota Hybrid Pace Car at Select NASCAR Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Epic Fail: Toyota Hybrid Pace Car at Select NASCAR Events

And for the first time ever the pace laps will be kept at speed of 30 mph, with a red flag half-way down the backstretch to recharge.

This blows.
    sigpic

Comment

I think it's the sign of the times. GM, Ford, and Chrysler all are too broke to hand over a couple dozen cars for free for a couple weeks. Two actual pace cars and the rest for the press corps and undeserving VIPs to drive back and forth to their hotels. Blah, blah, blah.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vt junk
        Maybe this is the last nail?

If this doesn't push the rest of the diehards out of the stands, I don't what will.

Just saw a commercial that states over 90% of all Camry's built since 1993 are still on the road. Anyone else call B.S. on that?
        You could say that about Ford trucks too I bet. There's two Ford trucks in the driveway and I have two in the alley behind the shop. I can't claim both of those RUN, but the alley IS a road, therefore they are technically "still on the road...".

Actually, I think racing is already "green" and has been since day one. It's all about getting the absolute most out of what you have, which is one way of saying "a very efficient use of existing resources".

Comment

If I would have been a Nascar-driver, my only goal in the next race would be to take out the pace-car before the third turn... :D
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
            If I would have been a Nascar-driver, my only goal in the next race would be to take out the pace-car before the third turn... :D
            Ha ha, like in Days of Thunder, "I want you to go out there and hit the pace car"
            I would love to see someone actually do that to this one

Comment

What did you guys expect of NASCAR? It really is all about the $$$. I just don't see kroc wearing save the earth types watching NASCAR...

Comment

Working...
              X