Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift.com Teams With the Brown Motorsports A/Fuel Dragster for 2009!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BangShift.com Teams With the Brown Motorsports A/Fuel Dragster for 2009!

Q#3
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Here are a few close ups of the vinyl.

Comment

Looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing it at Norwalk.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

This is awesome
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry about the delay in getting you a post event update after the LODRS Division 3 opener in Indy. We had to tear all the broken parts down, disassembe things and get a couple heads out to BAE for repair.

There are a couple video's we shot, the links follow. We use these to watch the rear tires in action, and the software enables us to look at things frame by frame.

We had some major parts failure in the valvetrain on two out of three qualifying attempts. We were breaking the exhaust valves right at the hit of the throttle. It appears the problem is related to the valve retainers and keepers. All of the valves broke around the retainer area and it caused the dropped exhaust valve to collide with the intake valve and piston.

The pieces of shrapnel were forced up by the pistons, wedging the valve into the head and ports. A lot of debris was also pushed up into the manifold, where it found its way into several other cylinders, scarring the heads in holes that didn?t have any valvetrain problems.

This happened on Q#1 and Q#3. On the second qualifier, we told Jeff ?if it doesn?t feel right to lift?. He did a great job of addressing it, getting the feel of the car, and stepping off the throttle. We made quick work of the first explosion, but were a bit gun shy after that, as we have never had damage of that magnitude before.

We all know we won?t be racing long if that kind of damage keeps up. Everyone involved with the car has regular jobs, and have scraped and clawed their way to get this far. We don?t have a huge arsenal of parts to throw at it, and it?s like losing a family member when we hurt the heads. This will set us back quite a bit, as we?ll have to change our valvetrain components, and wait for our heads to get back from BAE.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

This seems like a good deal you guys made for PR and I was going to say congrats, but man, the story about the parts breakage is a real downer. Best wishes for pulling it all back together.

Comment

Are you guys coming to Summit this weekend?
                I R Bob
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

i'm affraid no, unless a suit case of money falls from the sky.
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Reni and I are going on Saturday.
                    I R Bob

Comment

Here is a pic of the piston destruction heads came back today & look better than new ! unbeleivable job
                      new valves will be here soon & we are back in buiness. will be testing next weekend

pics of heads back from BAE

Comment

Working...
                      X