Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac Dead by the End of 2010

Re: Pontiac Dead by the End of 2010

I just threw up in my mouth a little.... now I cry.. today is a sad day!!! :'(

Comment

This is sick and wrong and sick. I feel betrayed.

Can someone explain to me why in poll after poll, americans are MORE against a detroit bailout than a wall street bail out?

As far as I can see wall street was a bunch of intangible machinations and all these crooks deserve to want to go home at night and wash their mouths out with a revolver. Detroit lived life on the ragged edge but at least they did something.

My personal theory is that everyone feels qualified to say "I don't like those tail lights, therefore I'm an automotive critic and I know that Detroit doesn't deserve a bail out, they didn't build cars that appealed to me, the average Motor trend douche bag."

You ask that same soccer mom about wall street and you get blank stares and some kind of regurgitated rambling about "too big to fail" Building automobiles is probably the most difficult, engineering intensive exercise on the planet. The logistics, suppliers, designs, testing, on the scale they do it is mind boggling. Any monkey with an accounting degree and a calculator can do what they do in the financial industry. When I heard some of my wallstreet buddies talking about "Models" I thought they had some complex FEA supercomputer that crunched massive ammounts of data... they were talking about freaking Excel spreadsheets.

Give GM the money, no strings. Building prius clones while toyota and honda get to build big cars for $2.25 gas isn't going to solve anything. The problem with Detroit has always been that they've been fighting with two hands tied behind their backs, one by the cost of labor and the other by federal/california regulations. Between the Solstice and the G8, America was finally building cars that made the rest of the world jealous. Now we get NO Kappa cars and we have to chose between a Camaro Mullet chariot or paying an extra 20 grand for a CTSV if we want a V8 Zeta. The G8 was the perfect every man, blue collar REAL car. Awesome, way to go guys!

This sucks.
      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

dude i love your sig.... ;D
        "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

It sucks...but really - something had to go just like Plymouth & Olds. There's really hasn't been a reason for rendundant, styling, marketing, etc departments at the automakers for years.

Comment

You might notice a rumble in a few minutes.
            No Earthquake. It's just me banging the wall.

Gerrit
            Netherlands
            www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

Comment

that sucks they had the only fast rear wheel drive 4 door that I would buy ( I know 4 door) when you have little ones you have to have something

Comment

Hey man,

There's lots of love for crew cabs around here. No worries on the door count.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Fast four doors are cooler than fast 2 doors IMO. Four door fairfox, possibly the sexiest sleeper of all time.
                  Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Working...
                  X