Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Top 11 Worst Parts Found in the Performance Aisle at a Chain Auto Parts Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 11 Worst Parts Found in the Performance Aisle at a Chain Auto Parts Store

Re: The Top 11 Worst Parts Found in the Performance Aisle at a Chain Auto Parts Store

COUGH lukeCOUGH to the side note. lol :P

Comment

Re: The Top 11 Worst Parts Found in the Performance Aisle at a Chain Auto Parts Store

An Avenger I bought had those pedal covers on them, and yes it was a 4-banger automatic, with a fart can. I don't remember which went first, but they both happened the same day, within a week of buying it. The reason it took that long was because I had to order a muffler, my dad wouldn't let me drive it without one, or use a glasspack.
      I'll admit that I am guilty of the chrome exhaust tips. They were a cheap, quick fix to get my exhaust to extend out past the bumper on my '73 Charger. Yes they did rust pretty quickly, although I don't know if they're chinese, but it is a definite possibility. And to make it worse, the cutouts are round, the tips are square, but it arguably looks better than the sheetmetal tips that were wrapped around the exhaust when I got it. I'll fix it eventually, when I get the money for a better exhaust.

Comment

#12: Those swinging ball sacks.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

#13 Do-it-yourself roll on window tint. Impossible to get all the bubbles out and turns purple before summer ends.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

#14 (from the archives, circa 1987-88) Any NEON green, pink, orange or red double- or triple-bladed windshield wiper blades and BONUS BARF for the ones with the airfoils to keep them held down tight against the windshield at speed.

I have a question regading the " high performance" bolt on pedal covers. How do you all feel about THE FOOT?

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Hey don't knock cars gotten from Grandma :P (My skylark was from her ;))

My friend had the big foot on his '69 Caddy Deville, it seemed to fit perfectly with the largeness of the car.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                #14 (from the archives, circa 1987-88) Any NEON green, pink, orange or red double- or triple-bladed windshield wiper blades and BONUS BARF for the ones with the airfoils to keep them held down tight against the windshield at speed.

I have a question regading the " high performance" bolt on pedal covers. How do you all feel about THE FOOT?

Ron
                Right or wrong, I dig the foot! I had some of those double wipers, didn't work worth squat.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Re: The Top 11 Worst Parts Found in the Performance Aisle at a Chain Auto Parts

What about those ugly white "horn buttons" that have been used for everything BUT horns since forever (currently hardwired to a washer squirter for me) You also forgot Krylon yellow spray paint, it's been defacing poor J bodies and early integras for 20 years.

I'm going to have to plead the fifth on the side note. If it's chrome and it's a skull... I have or have at least considered buying it.

By the way, I met the artist from "Lethal Threat" designs... super cool guy so I can't hate on the stick on flame skull designs or the reclining vampire girls (especially since I have some of those stickers on my tool box).
                  Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

#15-The light up rope stuff that you stick all around the dashboard edges. You plug it in the lighter and when it lights up at night, everyone can see your face as they laugh at you.

#16-The light up shifter handles.

#17-Any form on neon-inside the car or underneath.

Comment

What about my chrome-plastic boat propeller that went into the trailer hitch receiver? Redneck bling! ;D Then at the spray wash I hit it with the "high pressure rinse" to see how fast it would spin and all the chrome stuff flew off. It was like a vacuplate explosion. I was kinda bummed.

Comment

Came *thisclose* to doing the billet fuel door...but thought better of it.

Someone mentioned "trucknuts".... :....

Comment

Those fukked up motorised key things that they stick on the back to make it look like the car is a wind up toy...
                          Stick on hood pins....yay
                          The cigarette lighter inserts that look like a kill switch

Comment

Don't list the bling exhaust tips! It makes me an offender. Hey- it was $7 cheaper than a real turndown pipe.

Comment

I hate to say it but I am guilty of the fuel door cover,seems to be the norm around here.
                              Any rubber tit grip steering wheel cover!

Comment

Working...
                              X