Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question Of The Day: Do You Have Any Strange Stories Involving Random People Coming Up To Your Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Of The Day: Do You Have Any Strange Stories Involving Random People Coming Up To Your Car?

Today I was treated to a phenomenon I haven’t experienced in a couple of years: as I was shooting pictures of the Camaro that I test drove, I had people walking up and checking out the car. If I had stopped at a gas station and somebody had a quick question, I wouldn’t have been […]

More...

I like jacobs comment..priceless.
    I was once on the way back from a cruise in my 72 Dart with my buddy in his Camaro when we pulled off to mess with the tuning on my Dart. As soon as we pull the hood off the car, a homeless man with a shopping cart and a dog come up and stare. The man says he used to work for a Plymouth dealership in the 60’s and 70’s, identified the car as a 72 Dart, and even knew it was a 318 and not a 340 like everyone assumes. He suggested I pull more timing out of it, and out of ideas I gave it a shot. Car ran better the whole way home!
    I met one very down, obviously high...
    knew a little bit more about the extinct subaru I was driving, than I did not expect.
    Goes with the pain I guess...
    knowledge of stuff gone.

The weirdest thing to me is my veterans plate.
    people wave...
    and a homeless man at dunkin donuts went into a schizoid moment with himself.

less than 30 days with my veterans license plate.
    The oddest encounter is showing a hurst shifter to an evo driver. Young kid. I know those little cars are culted... but not knowing a hurst shifter? Getting old I guess.

A cool thing about any questions, is taking notice from another point of view.
    The truck is a tall shift, tall as the old dodges (also rare)...and it is genuine short throw at the same time. Not a common hurst.
    I'll remember that. It is interesting. Never really think of it.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 1, 2016, 08:29 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
    X