BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Re: Barstormin': The One Favorite Car

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
      Great story, again, Bri.
      x2
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Yeah, nice work Brian. We have very similar tastes except mine would be a Nightwatch Blue 65 Vert just like the one Mom and Dad brought me home from the hospital in when I was born. His was also a 4 speed 4 barrel car and he's still kicking himself for trading it in when it was two years old. Hey, that's what they did back then. One day I will have it,... one day.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

As much as I would like to have a '61 Catalina w/3 dueces on its 389, I can't help but lust after a first generation GTO. Great story, thanks.

Comment

Don't know about you all, but I have a soft spot for the 1969 thru 1972 Pontiac Grand Prix's. I used to own a 1970 with a 455/TH400 combo. Car would turn mid 14 second passes in the 1/4. Caught a lot of dudes sleeping in the stoplight drags. I want a 72 Black on Black so bad. But it looks like the prices are getting way out of my range now. :-\

Comment

Quite possilbly the best article i have read on this site. I guess im the Solstice GXP guy at the end...

Comment

X2 or 4 or 5,and reading a lot of what Brian has written..there was a poncho man somewhere there all the time ;)

Comment

Whatever- They built exitement as recently as '06. (GTO) Yeah it looked like a ricer, but with a V-8.
                  So there was no market, at least they gave it a shot.

Comment

Nice Brian. Ive got my own Pontiac stories with my brothers Trans Am which left for a while but now its back
                    and crappier. But we are gonna start working on it this summer and maybe soon it will be back to its trouble causing former self. The Pontiac I want is also a 61 Catalina followed closely by a 70-73 Trans Am.

Comment

thanks brian, you helped me remember why I have the pos sitting in the garage. Dad had a nightwatch 65 hardtop, and I new I would have one someday. I still want a 61/62 ventura...Bad. and a 73 455 trans am for a daily . ;D
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Damn, that kinda made my eys misty there for a minute. Although my dad never owned a Ponitac, I got the same feeling that Brian did with my dad's 79 Chevy pickup. We used to go everywhere in that thing. After my parent's divorce I was a little down, but dad would help bring me out of the doldrums by taking me four-wheeling, junkyard hunting, or some other "man" activity...all in that maroon short wheel based Chevy truck. I wish I could get my hands on that ol' truck...or one just like it.

Thanks for posting this story Brian.

Comment

My buddy had a 66 Tempest with a 326 when we were in high school. What a fun ride.
                          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
                            thanks brian, you helped me remember why I have the pos sitting in the garage. Dad had a nightwatch 65 hardtop, and I new I would have one someday. I still want a 61/62 ventura...Bad. and a 73 455 trans am for a daily . ;D
                            There's a Nightwatch hardtop on ebay right now.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                            X