Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEMA Not Happy with Recent Progress of Cash For Clunkers

Re: SEMA Not Happy with Recent Progress of Cash For Clunkers

So if my 1978 F-250 makes 8mpg...then I just need to find a $4500 car that does 12mpg and I'm golden? That would help no one except myself.
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

I want to stay positive on this topic, without getting political. So I guess I won't say anything at all.

Comment

then they'll be less happy with what happened today.... keep in mind that the political pendulum swings both ways - so as it goes this way for a bit; it'll go the other way as well.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

as long a sthey dont makeus trade in our guzzlers or raise taxes on them to make it impossible to own . And how do you pay the rest of the 25 grand to get a new truck?

Comment

Originally posted by jerrys96lt4
            as long a sthey dont makeus trade in our guzzlers or raise taxes on them to make it impossible to own . And how do you pay the rest of the 25 grand to get a new truck?
            where do you think they're getting the 4500?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Here I go on my opinionated point of view ,get mad or whatever.
              If we made what we buy in These United States of America(used that one for Uncle Jesse)in the local area (Not China)where it is used instead of trucking it in(trucking the important word) the air quality and economy would get better at the same time. If we had more of the mindset of SEMA we would be better off, and well BK hitches somewhere in the midwest who instead of laying off employees sent the employees into the community to work and improve the town at current wages.
              H,mmmmmm it would reduce those trucks pollution.
              Years ago they forcasted the need for truckers,and look at it now the roads are covered with trucks,and that was right before the NAFTA agreement .Look at the trade off, unemployeed people ,lots of pollution,and everyone having a harder time,well and the Goverment buying our junk ,trying to do away with our hobby.

Comment

Working...
              X