X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hajek Motorsports Shooting for Mustang Closed-Course Speed Record

Re: Hajek Motorsports Shooting for Mustang Closed-Course Speed Record

Great choice of a driver!
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

It will be very interesting to see the mph the car hits. Remember a few years back when the cup drivers wanted NASCAR to take the restrictor plates off, Rusty Wallace talked NASCAR into letting him pull the plate off his car just to see what the car would run. At 242 mph the experiment ended.

Is this being done to prove to NASCAR that a return to "stock" car racing would would still provide exciting, very high performance cars?

Comment

hmm... sounds like a bunch of guys coming up with an excuse to go fast..... sweet!!!
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wow, ever have that what if I win the lotto or had alot of money to play conversation? Well this guy has a better imagination than me, how cool. He is like a modern Holman and Moody doing it all. Wonder whats next.... a flying mustang?

Comment

Hajek grows his lottery, on about a zillion acres of Oklahoma farmland.

Neat dude.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

They better get it in the 230's when they do this. I know of a mustang that will be running e85 and is shooting for a track record at a certain airport in a certain state ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                Hajek grows his lottery, on about a zillion acres of Oklahoma farmland.

Neat dude.

Brian
                Don't they also own a bunch of oil rigs too ?

Comment

wild bill must be tired of running in the rear every few weeks

Comment

Easy to set records when you're the only one running in the category. If they drug it around at the end of a chain on the track, it'd set the record. Bahhh!!

Comment

Honestly Hajek's main goal on the first Talladega run was to break Bill's personal record that he set in '87. Wouldn't you know it, first times a charm, alignment issues let to Bill scrubbing the wall on the first pass. They did set a record that day and it was well covered but I honestly think that was for the sponsors.

The way the team talked about it, it seemed more like a failure in their eyes. But now that we came on board along with a slew of other great sponsors, we were able to hit 252mph on the backup motor with 500 less HP. So once the main motor is back together and they set it up for Round Track, I really think that they will be able to beat Bill's record and be doing it while on e-85. If you think about it, then all they would have to do is swap out the fuel, switch the tune, adjust the fuel and they would be ready to hit it for the Gas Class record also. It would also be cool due to the fact that it will be Bill breaking his old record and setting a new separate record at the same time.

I think that 3 records in 2 totally opposite types of racing and all in the same car is pretty respectable, dont you think?

Thanks,

Stephen Forrest
                      Director of R&D
                      Velocity Turbo Systems, LLC

Comment

Wow Stephen, you really drug up an old one for your posting debut. Good to see you on here. Stephen has a plethera of turbo knowledge and is an excelent fabricator. He'll be helping me with my Bonneville engine program as well.

Comment

Originally posted by VTS Racing
                          I think that 3 records in 2 totally opposite types of racing and all in the same car is pretty respectable, dont you think?
                          Meh.... :D ;D

That would be a heck of an accomplishment, no doubt about it. Thanks for joining up and giving us some insight onto what's going on with the project!

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Any day a turbo guy joins is a good day.

Welcome.

Comment

Working...
                            X