No announcement yet.

Tim Wilkerson Suffers Strange Crash During NHRA Kansas Nationals Eliminations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Wilkerson Suffers Strange Crash During NHRA Kansas Nationals Eliminations

Tim Wilkerson was chewing his way through eliminations on Sunday at the NHRA Kansas nationals when disaster struck and he suffered one of the strangest funny car crashes we have ever seen. We were at the track and in close proximity to the wreck when it happened and even after watching the video it is […]

More...

You can see fire under the body as soon as Tim's car heads for the wall. I say a fuel line came loose.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I couldn't believe that the crews didn't scatter when the car was pointed up track! They were all in shock I guess... John Force made a good comment about Tim Wilkerson and controlling it to prevent sending it in to the crowd...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

That happened right in front of us.......about 40' down the track. They said analysis of the chassis after they got it back to the pits was a broken right rear hub. All that power was just going to the left wheel, hence the 90* right turn. He did a good job of keeping it contained. Would have been really ugly if it had done a 180* and went back to the start line.........
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
        X