Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question Of The Day: What’s The Best Bit Of Questionable Engineering You’ve Ever Seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Of The Day: What’s The Best Bit Of Questionable Engineering You’ve Ever Seen?

(Lead Photo: Reddit/Just Rolled Into The Shop) Billions of dollars and more man-hours than we dare dream of go into the design portion of a vehicle platform. It used to be simple: engine goes here, transmission goes here, humans sit here. Not anymore…not by a long shot. Engine bays look like your standard internal-combustion engine […]

More...

the greatest recent hack, personally for me, is the exacting outline to get to a gm pickup fuel pump at 30 below stuck in the snow storm ice infested parking spot, knowing life and death is nanoseconds away...

Click image for larger version

Name:	pumpbed.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1106612
    I hacked up a bed myself, first try via a you tube video. middle of winter.
    ordered a pump out here in the woods, 3 day delivery was costly.
    not nearly as much as a dealer 1000 dollar fee.
    63cc generator and little cutoff wheel. Never got underneath it for the whole chore.
    What was even more pleasant was the rhino lining on the bed on that cold sunny day...
    it was more than seeming warmer inside the bed instead of laying in an ice puddle underneath.
    I then went as ape as my 70k psi welding goes, during the following summer and it ended up stronger than factory due to the framing I made for it.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
    X