Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM May Leave Detroit?

Re: GM May Leave Detroit?

If you could do business in a better environment, you should move. GM would'nt be the first company or citizen to leave Michigan in the last few years.

Comment

There is no indication that GM will leave Michigan. The talk is that they will consolidate to the Warren Tech center where a lot of the engineering happens. This is a smart move as they are currently paying the city of Detroit 3% income tax to have there headquarters in that slice of heaven. The RenCen and the water front is nice but to waste the revenue on more taxes is rediculous.

Comment

I saw a piece on the news last night, ABC I think, that said the move is a possibility, but not a definite thing. It seemed like it was not something that was on the front burner.

Comment

Oh boy, this will get offers rolling in from various states. I lived in the midwest for a # of years, been a mass exodus
          of manufacturing. One state offered to build a plant for a certain manuf, + no taxes for 10 years. Of course this will
          be gargantuan compared to anything we've seen. I can't remember, What did Ill. offer Boeing to relocate there?

Comment

"GM's current restructuring plan would cut about 21,000 more U.S. factory jobs".
            .. and then leave Detroit, Great, just what we need !

Comment

Working...
            X