Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR Investigating a Large Drop in TV Ratings

Re: NASCAR Investigating a Large Drop in TV Ratings

I think it's just the latest craze "Nascar Of Tomorrow" .... or short... NOT... :D

Or, most of their viewers are just shooting at their TV's out of utter boredom during a race, which could also explain the drop in 'viewers'.
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I blame Digger.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
        I blame Digger.
        Whoever came up with that thing oughta be taken out and shot.

Comment

Originally posted by 62-impala-ss
          Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
          I blame Digger.
          Whoever came up with that thing oughta be taken out and shot.
          Isn't that him in your avatar??? ;D ;D ;D
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I blame crack because I think NASCAR was on it when they came up with COT and Digger. Win on Sunday, sell aluminum wings on Monday - Hello, McFly?

Comment

Haven't watched a race this year, haven't even thought about watching a race this year. They are at total and complete media saturation. Freakin Speed Channel is all NASCAR all the time this week because of some stupid all-star race.

Eating chocolate pudding every once in a while is a treat. Having it shoved down your throat everyday ... not so good.

Bob

Comment

this is easy..
                the c.o.t. is a better car.. you can hit the wall with it.. and still run to the end, but
                in a move to get ricers to watch, go to races..
                added the wing from hell
                and the front splitter
                also ... the b/s about pit rod ,infractions.. speeding in or out of pit row..
                being over the pit box line..etc
                then you have the,, if you race hard,, nascar will see that you are black flaged or fined..

and the biggest reason. by far is letting toyota into the field..
                if on the late 70's to late 90's
                ford have an aroe edge, nascar would take away spoiler or front air dam to slow them down.. and make the field
                equal.. with no run aways..
                but toyota, got all of last year.. till just shy of the "chase"
                then they took the advantage away from them..,that nascar gave them ,by not letting ford and g.m. run their new head..

then to end it..
                the chase HAS GOT TO GO..
                10 races at the end of the season that only 12 teams get to "play in"
                what nascar gonna do.. when a team and driver misses the chase and then that same team /driver..
                wins 90 % of the chase races.. but can't win the chase??

they need to look at what got them ,to be a big draw, in the late 80's to late 90's
                it was the old point system and letting racers RACE..

nascar died when big E passed on..
                as nascar bosses would never have tryed any of this "racers need to be p.c. all the time" b/s
                cause, lets face it..
                big E was bigger than the sport ,he partaked in..
                and NASCAR KNEW IT..

Comment

arrogant kyle busch and toyota

Comment

What the NASCAR investigators need to do, is simply log on the this forum. I think they'd find out right quick how many mistakes they have made lately.

I have three major problems with NASCAR these days:

1. The Chase. How fair is that? It is possible that a driver ranked out of the chase could gather enough points after the cut off period to actually win the championship, if it were allowed. Now a lot of folks quit the whole NASCAR thing when they find their favorite driver cannot possibly when due to the rules of the Chase. Makes no sense to me.

2. Then of course there is the Car of Today (Tomorrow?). I use to cheer for my favorite cars as much as my favorite drivers, but now you can't tell one car from another, unless they are close enough to read the names on the front end. What good is that? NASCAR obviously lost site of the old manufacturers' saying about race on Sunday, sell on Monday. My local Ford dealer doesn't sell a Car of Whatever.

3. I also think people have gotten sick and tired of the professional wrestling type drama that has come to be NASCAR in the last few years. Racing is not stressed anymore just a personality contest. Usually the really good drivers loose out here because they are interested in the racing and not the so much the drama. Do you ever get the feeling that some of these races are fixed? I mean sometimes I just sit back and wonder....naw they wouldn't do that would they? I don't know.......

I'd much rather anymore go watch a good dirt track sprint race than even think about NASCAR, but then there is not much of that kind of thing around here.....oh, well.....

Comment

I was in that garage for many years. The people I know still in the garage say it just isn't fun anymore. The chase , cot the cost for a family to go the races is ridiculous! Sponsorship costs of over 20 million per car were a commodity a few years ago now finding sponsor who will sign a 36 race deal for 10mil is a commodity.

The only way to fix it is bring th eonly to where the loyal race fans are, not the coproate scene and tourism money.

To fix the cars... simple Mustang, Camaro, Challenger not phony decals on a body that looks like an R/C car at the hobby shop.

Comment

I was just struck with the irony that at some point NASCAR will probably be facing down the same reality that the domestic auto makers are having.

Too many dealers/too many races
                        Too much infrastructure to be supported by sales/revenue
                        Erosion of marketshare to other activities
                        etc

Wonder if they'll wait as long as those guys did to make changes. Hubris seems to be one of their strong suits at NASCAR HQ so they are probably going to follow the same path.

Laugh if you want to, but if you told the president of GM in 1972 that in about 30 years the company would be on life support he would have thrown you in a padded cell.

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I started watching NASCAR when it was first broadcast on a rare occasion on "Wide World of Sports". At that time it was unique and thrilling. Cal Yarborough and the Pearson boys duking it out, NOW THAT"S ENTERTAINMENT. My reason's for not watching it for the past 10 years are as follows:

1. I agree with the person who said the cars are as important as the drivers. My dad, uncle, and cousin were Mopars guys. For that reasons I followed Richard Petty, Buddy Baker, etc, I guess if they were Ford guys I would have followed Cal Yarborough, David Pearson etc. The cars were first and it was the Plymouths and Dodges that got me interested in the drivers. Now, all the cars look the same. Since I don't pay much attention now I don't know who drives what.
                          2. Again the cars. I understand the need for safety, but these cars have as much to do about what you drive on the street as a Cessna has to the space shuttle. Have them on a stock frame with stock steel body panels. They can do anything they want to the suspension as long as it is hung on the stock frame. Engine mods can only be what the manufacturer has in its performance parts bin (which if you are a Chevy guy you can make even more HP than they are making now). If the model comes in only a four door than it has to have all four doors. If it is front wheel drive than that's how you race. Encapsulate the driver in a rugged cage with all the HANS devices, belts etc and let it rip. Have a minimum weight requirement depending upon engine displacement. No throttle plates. All foreign and domestic models welcome.
                          3. Two cars max per team.....THAT"S IT !

I think this will make the car makers more prominent, cheaper to race, more competitive, probably have more surface area for advertising, and give those innovative souls a competitive edge. Also, if someone happens to make a 7/8 Th's scale model and they win; if he is caught take the win away but give them props for pushing the edge of the envelope and not suspending them or taking points away. Maybe I am naive but that is what I would do.

Comment

the chase:that was so jack roush can get a championship

when big e was in 3 ,they could not build extra seats fast enough
                            earnhardt was a bigger sports figure the muhammed ali

Comment

People in real racing have mustaches, sideburns, and swear like pirates. It's a bunch of metrosexual boyscouts whoring themselves out for sponsorship money now (in my completely un-educated opinion).
                              Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Working...
                              X