Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NASCAR Investigating a Large Drop in TV Ratings

Exactly!
    Companies would be building better, cooler RWD V8 cars!
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
      Exactly!
      Companies would be building better, cooler RWD V8 cars!
      You've been into TC's stash havent you? :D :D

Comment

I thought TC was a leaf guy not a meth guy.

Double yikes.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I quit watching Nascar when Earnhardt died. I liked old Nascar when they ran stocker bodies.
          Now Nascar is cookie cutter spec bodied crap. America needs V8 Supercar Racing like the Aussies have.
          There's nothing better than seeing a "Stock Car" thats so stiff, it goes up on 2 wheels in a corner :-P

Hell, even Aussie BIG TRUCK RACING is more interesting to watch than our lowly Nascar...
          Too bad shows like Pimp My Ride & Unique Whips have replaced Aussie V8 racing on Speed Channel.

Maybe if the networks quit taking the GOOD racing off, people would watch MORE racing period.

Comment

There is alot of racing on TV out there, ARCA, KONI, Grand-Am series,local dirt or paved series.
            Its changed good or bad,well so has IHRA and NHRA.
            The one thing to me that changed it most was when it went public on the the stock market,well then it became to politically correct, that's when Winston went out.
            Hey guys its racing' its supposed to be a little bit raw,cars and times change also, I would like to see the cars of yesterday race,but it likely wont happen.

Comment

you can blame nascar for the cot
              but you really need to look at the big three..
              as they haven't built a rear drive mid sized car in years 1988 was a long time ago..
              building a car from scratch, by hand isn't cheap..
              big by huge teams (multi team owners) had the moneys to spend hours and hours in a windtunnel.. to find a few little things ,within the templets.. to get a mph or two..
              the small teams like robby gordon,etc don't have that hind of freedom..
              also policing 3 bodys isn't easy.. 3 sets of templets..
              now it's one set, othere than the nose cones..
              yes they look alike,, and it sucks.. as they don't look like the street car that they are based on,BY NAME PLATE ONLY!!!
              there is no fusion rear drive v8 car on the showroon floor, or impala, or camry..
              and mopar is the only one.. and a few years ago. they didn't have anything in the showroom either..
              so one car , it makes it cheaper to police, and to build..
              saving the small teams from going under..
              when and if they go to pony cars , might not happen if obama pulls g.m. and mopar out of racing..
              they're be able to race cars that are the same basic set up as the showroom car..
              up untill '88 nascar race cars where based on the street car.. but no parts where the same , other than the hood/roof/ and deck lid..
              but they looked like the car on the street..
              then g.m. droped the g body and ford dropped the t bird and mopar came back with a fwd car..
              the last pre c.o.t. cars where twisted body nightmares to police..
              they where built by way of windtunnel and didn't look right at all. but cut the wind great.
              the new car with all it's faults.. has good points..
              any one can buy one.. and win..
              like a few weeks ago.. dale jr. protajee(sp?) won in a owner that wasn't really in nascar since neil bonnet was a racer..
              the cot was for safty and the cost of racing..
              they almost got it right..
              like anything the first one never gets it completely right..
              so don't blame nascar for the cars not looking like the street cars..
              and none of the auto man. build a car that fit the form for nascar, other than the charger..
              they need to make it not so much a yawn fest..
              and thats easy.. make the cars less aero dependant.. and more driver and power..
              the drivers know the front spliter cuts down tires.. so they don't want to try to pass if they can't do it clean and fast..
              running side by side for a few laps isn't an option.. as a slip will cut down a tire..
              make the car more of a brick and loose the front spliter..
              and ,loose the fines for drivers RACING.. you're not racing if there isn't donuts on the doors..
              change the cars alittle.. and let the drivers DRIVE..
              and it'll be good again..
              but the days of stock cars looking the part..
              and thats not nascarsfault..
              cause lets face it.. by '92 there wasn't and one of the 3 with a mid size rear drive car..

Comment

you just like the aussie crap cause you think liking road racing makes you intelligent

road racing is a snooze

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                  you just like the aussie crap cause you think liking road racing makes you intelligent

road racing is a snooze
                  Road Racing is way cooler than all other forms of racing (except maybe Rally)
                  The Aussies have the coolest cars and racing
                  I think you just don't like it because it isn't very easy to go to the actual race and watch, because you can't see everything
                  Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Racing involves passing. They should call it "Road Following" :

I will say those aussies are nuts though, some of the wildest crashes ever crashed.

As much as I'd love to watch the australian super car racing, I'm still not going to pay for t.v. so it's a moot point as far as I'm concerned. Too many bills these days.
                    Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
                      Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan

road racing is a snooze
                      Road Racing is way cooler than all other forms of racing (except maybe Rally)
                      The Aussies have the coolest cars and racing
                      I think you just don't like it because it isn't very easy to go to the actual race and watch, because you can't see everything

this from a kid thats never been to a race..
                      get your ass up to n.h.i.s. for a week end..
                      you can see the whole track..live
                      then go to new york wakens glen.. and you can see one corner..
                      man thats fun.. you get to see 90% of the action on a t.v. screen..
                      might as well stay home..
                      last week in june is the nascar w end un in n.h.
                      get in the eagle and drive up.. and see the race..
                      it's a totally different L I V E ..
                      untill you see one live, you don't know what the hell you're talk'n about..
                      sat will be 2 races and sunday the big guns..
                      robby gordon will be signing stuff sunday at his trailor from 10 am..
                      and he's not the only one..
                      alot of them sign stuff sat..
                      get up there.. you can ruff it in your car.. the rear seat folds down..

Comment

"Bill France Jr. would have had to go to the 4th grade three more years to get an idiots license"

Go Smoke!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
                          well, since I just admitted that the new Camaro doesn't make me vomit on the spot, I'll go ahead and admit that I used to get a huge grin watching fat American nascar on a road course when I could tell what kind of cars they were.

Usually makes me laugh my ass off.

Comment

nsar stuff on boring ass road courses are actuallly better to watch than boring diesel powered euromobiles

Comment

Ahhh, spidey, love ya man.

Comment

Working...
                              X