• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lohnes' Pic of the Week: What It Feels Like to Be a Drag Strip Manager

Re: Lohnes' Pic of the Week: What It Feels Like to Be a Drag Strip Manager

L V is a good place - 100 miles north of nyc

Comment

I know what you mean by standing by Top Fuelers. I went to my first NHRA drag race ever, about 3 weeks ago. We were right by the starting line when two of them were getting ready to run. My brother-in-law, who has been to these before, talked me into keeping my ear protection off for the start. Let me tell you that was one experience I will never forget. :o
      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I can imagine a conversation with that guy ...

"Hi Glenn, how are you?"

"WHAT???"

(Louder)"I said, how are you?"

"WHAATTT?"

And so on ... ;D
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Thankless job. Thank God there are folks who rise to the challenge and put up with the crap.
          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

You aren't kidding!

With the internet not only do you get your ass shot full of arrows by the guys actually at the track, but the entire world can jump in on the fun as well.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian, took my 9 year old up to Lebanon Valley for Musclepalooza. First time - Great time. Real deal motor park, no pretensions. Met up with Andy/vtjunk. He's a great guy, I could really use a neighbor like him.

Just my $0.02 but bs.com might want to think about co laborating w Hemmings. They ran a good, well organized event that didn't come with some of the glam that the GoodGuys seem to attract (and I like the GG). DF might also want to look at Hemmings rag, Muscle Machines (if he is not already). I wouldn't be surprised if it was acquiring some of HRM's ad revenues.
              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
              X