Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The International Harvester Sightliner Definitely Fits In The WTF? Files, But Visibility Was Great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The International Harvester Sightliner Definitely Fits In The WTF? Files, But Visibility Was Great!

(Words by Greg Rourke) From the WTF? files comes a truck International Harvester designated the ACO and ACOF series, better known as the International Harvester Sightliner.      First question that comes to mind is, why? Several reasons. First, in the middle on the twentieth century we had strict length laws on trucks. Often it was […]

More...

Until today the only pic I've ever seen of one of these wss a walk thru box truck in the movie Real Steel . I figured it was a a Australia only International Harvester truck .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Have seen one on numerous occasions at the Walcott Trucker's Jamboree at the Iowa 80 truckstop in Walcott, IA.... it is an annual event held every year where you see all kinds of rare oddities...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Mill I used to work for had a few short loggers, easier to not go off the landing.. Conventional cabs were dropping the front axle off, Probably be cheaper to add more rock to the landings.

Comment

not one moron mentioned the heat for the north.
          condensation and freezing to death.

All cabovers were nightmares below 50F.
          the front piece of sheet metal was one layer thick.

I am very grateful the circus midgets got out of trucking.
          they are in the air force today playing bombs, but hey...
          extinction takes time.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

There is no heat from the north ! 😊
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
            X