Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday’s Excuse To Go Home And Drink: R.I.P., Chevrolet SS and Chevrolet Caprice PPV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday’s Excuse To Go Home And Drink: R.I.P., Chevrolet SS and Chevrolet Caprice PPV

V8, rear-drive, four-door family sedan wanted. Expecting power levels over 300  horsepower, and must be easily modifiable. Expecting handling to be useable, pushing towards impressive, and it must function as a sedan as well…no shrunken four-door masquerading as a family car. Thirty years ago, it was a joke. No manufacturer had the balls to give that […]

More...

You're describing a modern truck.

I didn't realize the PPV was real. Maybe GM needs to consider an advertising budget for something besides the Silverado.
    Last edited by Beagle; January 13, 2017, 05:58 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      You're describing a modern truck.

I didn't realize the PPV was real. Maybe GM needs to consider an advertising budget for something besides the Silverado.
      Why,,
      the cop car was only sold "officially" wink wink to police , and taxi fleets.

The SS, had the biggest ad campaign ever.. most 3-5 hours long.. 30+ times a year.. and live and on t.v. fri-sat-sunday .
      If you didn't know about the SS AKA rebadged Pontiac G8 that was a rebadged holden.. you need to get out from under that rock..

Comment

I think I've only seen 3 of the caprice cop only cars in real life and zero of the SS . I think we'll be fine without them . What I would like is a cop tahoe in black .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

Why,,
          the cop car was only sold "officially" wink wink to police , and taxi fleets.

The SS, had the biggest ad campaign ever.. most 3-5 hours long.. 30+ times a year.. and live and on t.v. fri-sat-sunday .
          If you didn't know about the SS AKA rebadged Pontiac G8 that was a rebadged holden.. you need to get out from under that rock..
          I don't watch nascar. Guess I missed it..

I see a Silverado commercial as I type this.
          and another one as I edit this.
          Last edited by Beagle; January 13, 2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

I don't watch nascar. Guess I missed it..

I see a Silverado commercial as I type this.
            and another one as I edit this.
            TRUCKS will stay in production.. the 4 door rear drive car was being phased out..
            One there are tons on lots, the other dealers only have a limited amount .
            What to spend ad dollars on... ?
            do you notice the catty suv and sedan ad's also or just the trucks

Comment

TRUCKS will stay in production.. the 4 door rear drive car was being phased out..
              One there are tons on lots, the other dealers only have a limited amount .
              What to spend ad dollars on... ?
              do you notice the catty suv and sedan ad's also or just the trucks
              turned on the t.v. to find out.. flipped through all that filler crap to find the commercials and Dallas Truck World... first ad I find, followed up by ambulance chaser commercials, IRS relief commercials, grow new hair, a Dodge RWD car commercial, Ford Escape commercial...

You know, I see a poop ton of trucks, RWD Dodges, and Escapes around here. Hmmmm. I wonder if there is a relationship?

Since I've never seen a Caprice commercial and wouldn't recognize one if I drove into it, plus the rock where I spend my money shows an awful lot of F150 commercials, I wonder if I've been biased by advertisement.

edit ... Wait - there it was... another Silverado commercial. It must work some kind of magic, this advertising thing... I actually drove a damn Chevy recently. I feel so dirty.

Infiniti commercial, yeah, a lot of those ugly little things running around here. Hmm.

and .. wait for it... another Silverado commercial. I'm not kidding.

The only CAR commercial I saw was for a RWD Dodge in this channel flipping episode. A Charger, something about their new AWD models. Wait, they have new AWD models? Good thing I read about them on the front page, otherwise I would have had to wait for the commercial to know they existed. All 15 minutes of wait.

huh. Now I have an odd craving for an AWD Charger. Pity I detest Dodge dealers... still, I am thinking an AWD Charger would make a good toaster. Odd.

Crap. Now I want a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast. Guess what I just saw?
              Last edited by Beagle; January 14, 2017, 12:18 AM.

Comment

yet you must not shop for food.. eat oroo's, cherrios, Wheaties, use or go into an autoparts store (peak or mobil one, or pensoil, or a shell station near by..
                or any of the other few hundreds of ad sponsers that are on the cars and plaster them on their packaging.. for the last 3 years or so..
                This is an auto based forum so I'd think you'd know why they place tv ad's on trucks and not cars.. the margin is bigger.. Dodge does the cars as that is all it is able to move at the showroom..
                not many Camaro and mustang ad's but I bet you know what they look like.. Even Toyota would like everyone to only buy the pick ups..

Comment

yet you must not shop for food.. eat oroo's, cherrios, Wheaties, use or go into an autoparts store (peak or mobil one, or pensoil, or a shell station near by..
                  or any of the other few hundreds of ad sponsers that are on the cars and plaster them on their packaging.. for the last 3 years or so..
                  This is an auto based forum so I'd think you'd know why they place tv ad's on trucks and not cars.. the margin is bigger.. Dodge does the cars as that is all it is able to move at the showroom..
                  not many Camaro and mustang ad's but I bet you know what they look like.. Even Toyota would like everyone to only buy the pick ups..
                  It is an auto based forum, so I try not to harp on the grammar and spelling. It's been a long time since I shopped for food, you are right there. I don't eat oroo's, whatever the hell that is, does it come in Caprice size? Never heard of it. About those cherrios, is that cherry flavored Cheerios? Nope, I don't eat those, or Wheaties. I eat Life because Mikey likes it.

Racetrac fuel, because that is where the cheap beer is
                  Rotella oil, because that's what the advertising sticker on my truck says

This is an auto based forum, and my point is, that is one pretty obscure Chevrolet. Maybe they talk about it more on the Toyota forums. I don't see Toyota truck commercials here though. There are a lot of Camry, Corolla, Prius, and Rav4 advertisements. They seem to sell a bunch of those based on what I see on the roads here. There are NOT a bunch of Toyota trucks here. Once again... HMMMMM.

I see a ton of Ford truck commercials, which may help explain why I can't drive down a street around here without seeing three or four of them.

I'm unclear what you are getting at with the plaster them on their packaging comment, so I'll just let that be, except to say sticker bombed cars tend to get impounded around here.

The Dodge ads are for cars because the ads for the trucks are RAM commercials, and there are a ton of them. Just like all the trucks on the road around here. You see a Dart commercial every once in a blue moon, just like on the roads.

I have a rescue dog this year so I don't have to change the channel when they put on the ASPCA commercials which they hammer me with between the get new hair, take our miracle drug, sue them if you took their miracle drug, and predatory financial advertisements.

Offhand, I would say advertising works. I will leave you with a thought. Hot dogs, Armour hot dogs... kind of rhymes with Ca price... what's a Ca price...
                  Last edited by Beagle; January 14, 2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X