Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Feature: Original-Owner 1987 Buick GNX

Re: Car Feature: Original-Owner 1987 Buick GNX

I like the small triva with the photo captions. It needed mufflers with less than 8,000 road miles though?
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
      I like the small triva with the photo captions. It needed mufflers with less than 8,000 road miles though?
      Should have been more clear there. Gary threw it up on a lift after he bought it and saw the smashed up mufflers. He thought something was wrong (as anyone would) and that's when he was told that they were supposed to be that way.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I know I've talked about it before, but my boss at Daytech Automotive bought one new. He used his own flatbed to take it home and put it on jackstands where it sat as long as I knew him. It still had all the plastic stuff on the seats and floor and the 3.2 miles on the odometer. Although, it was titled, it never was registered. Wayne bought purely as an investment and never intended to drive it. Funny thing was that Wayne didn't buy it until the summer of 88. It sat in dealer all that year, probably with a huge dealer markup.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Funny you should say that Scott. I was on the horn with Chad last night and he told me about a girl that went to HS with him who's dad did the same thing. He took the tires off of it and had it sitting on jackstands as well.

Even more reason that Gary is about the coolest dude around for roasting the hides off of his for our camers!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

GM provided a parts catalog insert for the GNX specific pieces. The VIN had to
            be submitted with an order for any of those parts. As for the muffler smashing,
            Chevrolet did a similar"process"on the '83- '87 Monte SS muffler and tailpipe
            assemblies.

Comment

Man.....those cars were bad to the bone when they were new......22 years later, still the same.

Give that guy a high-five for me, enjoying that car as the folks that built it intended.

Comment

I could not own a car like that and just leave it sit idle on jackstands.

One of the very few automotive bright spots in the 1980's IMO.

Comment

I remember toward the end of 1987 at our local Buick dealer, Tony Moore, seeing 25 Grand Nationals lined up like soldiers across the front of the dealership and seeing 2 - GNX's inside.

They wanted $75K for each one of the GNXs.

Comment

These cars are just awesome. There was one in a Buick dealer here in CT that sold a few years ago for 100grand.
                    It had ten miles on it and it pops up on ebay from time to time the guy that bought it want 115,000.THey came
                    with jackets too. GM should build these today, perfect car for now, good mileage great performance and it still looks
                    great.

Comment

oh man do i want one, even a standard gn cloned out... just an all around bad ass car. this kid i always see at the gas satatin gas a gnx he twined out for some reason but nice none the less... good news probaly just some kids photo shop work but there may be plans of a new gnx some tine soon http://i12.tinypic.com/2m2beom.jpg check it out if the link works. pretty cool, and modern luxury racer

Comment

They've come down in price a bit, but I still can't afford one Even a slightly modded GN is faster anyways. ;)

Powertour off/on since 2002
                        sigpic

Comment

I remember when they were new. It was always fun to go out on friday and saturday night and see the engineers playing with them. I mis the old days when we could see factory mules at the street races and try our luck.
                          Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

what makes the owner think the wheels are anything but gta wheels...
                            (forged outer rim/cast center)
                            nice car..

Comment

MY BUDDY , UNCLE SACK0 COLLECTS MUSCLE CAR EMBLEMS , some even obtained legally , a good customer of ours was a lamborghini collector , he beat out iron mike tyson for the last countach [with the 24k gold plating all over it ] at the lambo dealer in florida , tyson really wanted it , so a deal was struck to straight up trade the countach for a new diablo with an 87 gnx thrown in to sweeten the deal
                              the dude's wife was driving a POS maserati biturbo , so he let her daily drive a 3 year old never titled 87 gnx with 30 miles on it

we got her vin and ordered several sets of gnx emblems

Comment

Working...
                              X