X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrsler Dealer Shutdowns Explained

Re: Chrsler Dealer Shutdowns Explained

Good article.... thanks
    I hadn't thought about the imports riding American dealer coat tails into our country....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Interesting to hear that dealers get "points-off" for selling cars over invoice.

I walked into a Dodge dealer with a buddy who was seriously looking at Challengers and the prices were five-, ten- and fifteen-thousand over invoice. "F-you", guys"---if the system to allocate new cars is based on who is the biggest dumb-ass.

Comment

I'm with you , Beagle... I like the old small town style dealership, if it hasn't changed it's appearance since 1964, so much the better!... In my little downtown area, the old Russ Davis Ford dealership (Most recently Clippenger Ford) stands empty... I'm afraid they're going to tear it down and "redevelop" the land....

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
          Good article.... thanks
          I hadn't thought about the imports riding American dealer coat tails into our country....
          Agree, that's a really informative read. Assuming those are the only reasons, it's hard to be sympathetic to those who get canned.

Karma at play...a Buick Pontiac GMC dealer I visited last fall here in Ottawa (to discuss what it would take to get me into a G8) have lost their franchise. They were first-rate A-holes when I was in the showroom, made no effort to be helpful or accommodating, didn't know the car (told me it was not available with a V8) and now can cool their jets thinking about how a little courtesy and greater professional knowledge might have yielded a different result.
          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Good reading. Clarifies a lot. Can't blame 'em for shuttering dealers who offer competing brands under the same roof. Especially imports.

One question remains tho: What the hell is a "Chrsler?"

Comment

Chrsler = me + fail.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Ah.

K -

Thanks for clearing that up. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven
                  Originally posted by Buickguy
                  Good article.... thanks
                  Agree, that's a really informative read. Assuming those are the only reasons, it's hard to be sympathetic to those who get canned.

Karma at play...a Buick Pontiac GMC dealer I visited last fall here in Ottawa (to discuss what it would take to get me into a G8) have lost their franchise. They were first-rate A-holes when I was in the showroom, made no effort to be helpful or accommodating, didn't know the car (told me it was not available with a V8) and now can cool their jets thinking about how a little courtesy and greater professional knowledge might have yielded a different result.
                  Karma is right, that same dealer also spent 6 mil$ building that new building in Kanata....The only drawback to this closure (other then the odvious, jobs etc etc) is that it will as usualy let the rich get richer. Gm is closing dealers here yet one in teh city is trying to figure out how to expand as their buisness at one of their stores just esentially doubled. It kinda pisses me off that these people are loosing their jobs and a family is going to loose it's franchise yet gm hands this small market share to one guy to do with as he pleases.

Comment

Working...
                  X