Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The El Mirage Racing One-Week Wonder

Re: The El Mirage Racing One-Week Wonder

Enjoyed the story of grit, determination, and adventure. Sorry it didn't turn out better . Now go bend some tube !

Comment

Great story! How many of us haven't been in that position at one time. Seems that's how I always work.

Comment

Dang of all the things to let loose, the camshaft! Never would of saw that coming. Bummer, but a good story to remember.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

To be honest, seeing the car pass tech and leave the starting line was gratifying enough for this time.... 8)

I should also mention Lance and Danny who were the other guys in on it, and Sal who is the current actual owner of the Ford. The great thing about car guys is how even people who don't know each other well can jump in and work as a team...everybody knows what needs to be done, or if they don't they figure it out or accept suggestions without the ego thing. Kinda like the ol' Barn-Raising mentality we speak of now and then.

I am afraid the broken cam may be a symptom of an oil pump problem, but we'll hafta see...

Comment

Working...
          X