X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spy Shots: Ford Cobra Jet 5.4L Dragster by Aeromotive

Re: Spy Shots: Ford Cobra Jet 5.4L Dragster by Aeromotive

Chad, you bugger....

I was gonna try and scoop this story this weekend by taking a few pics and posting them up!

Oh well, I guess I will still take some pics and ADD them to YOUR story! :P

(Good lookin' car, no?)

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Any idea what rpm they are spinning the 5.4L to?
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I will ask that question tomorrow night and get back with ya!

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Hey, what's that ol' truck motor doing in the back of your dragster? :D Me likey.

Comment

We need to know what it SOUNDS like with the zoomies. I can't even imagine...

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I didn't bring my camera to work today, so I can't download the pics yet, BUT, this thing is cool. Way cool! I was chatting with Steve, Pernell and Katie about the car. Steve said the shift point on the transmission is at 6800 rpm and will be going through the traps at about 7000. Pernell tells me the 800-horsepower engine is a crate motor with a 3-year warranty from Ford. Not too shabby. Katie is walking on cloud nine as she told me she will be piloting the car for the NHRA Lucas Oil race in Topeka later this summer.

As for the sound...

Well, at an idle, it sounds like a stocker. Fairly quiet actually, considering the zoomies. But man, when Steve thumped the loud pedal, WOW! This thing screams like a junior fueler! There was NO other car in the Super Comp field at Topeka that even remotely sounded like this thing.

It was a blast hanging out with Steve, Jesse and all the Aeromotive crew for their customer appreciation party Saturday night. I want to offer a big thanks to Aeromotive on behalf of ProMedia and myself as we had a great time. Jesse took the time to fill me in on Aeromotive's new in-tank fuel pump. This thing is cool beyond cool and will feed up to 1500 naturally aspirated horsepower, yet is suitable for street driving as well.

Ron

Comment

Cool. Thanks.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                X