Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Time Killer: World Rally Championship Homepage

Re: Monday Time Killer: World Rally Championship Homepage

The SCCA gave up PRO RALLY quite a few years ago Rally America is the chief organization in the US.
    SCCA gave it up because the risk was too high for the return.
    Special Stage and Rally Anarchy are the two online places to find info and both have rally forums.

Nick Leone
    Former SCCA member

Comment

The best drivers in the world are in WRC. Unbelievable stuff.

Bob Holmes
      Also a former SCCA member.

Comment

That makes three (former SCCA members) including me.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Another former SCCA member here. My wife and I used to rally a Saab 96 in the early 1970's. We did TSD type rallies, she's great at math so made an ideal navigator. We never had the opportunity to do Performance Rallies. I probably would have had to find another navigator I had been able to go that route. We had fun though. Ran what they then called seat of the pants class, no computers (Curta hand crank, nothing electronic existed in those days. Even small calculators were just a fancy do dad for the rich in those days.), just pencil and paper and a set of Rally Tables. I loved that stuff.

It seems to me SCCA has gotten away from a lot of cool stuff that the average folks can participate in. I would like to see about running hill climbs but I think the SCCA has gotten out of that stuff as well as the rally scene.

I agree that the drivers in the WRC have got to be some of the best there are. I love watching that stuff.

Comment

The spectators are freakin nuts.

Comment

Working...
            X