Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back In 1993 Jim Epler Ripped The Heartland Park Topeka Quarter Mile At 300mph For The First Time In A Funny Car (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back In 1993 Jim Epler Ripped The Heartland Park Topeka Quarter Mile At 300mph For The First Time In A Funny Car (Video)

This weekend I’ll be a yellin’ and a screamin’ at Heartland Park Topeka one of the finest drag strips in the country. This is a place that came back from literal death a couple of years ago and each time the NHRA tour swings through town the records get decimated in one way or another. […]

More...

I was there for the whole 4 day event and saw ALL OF IT. I have a ton of pictures, too - including Epler on fire through the traps.

The funniest moment was just before Chuck Etchells ran the first, 4 - Bob Frey asked crew chief Tim Richards if the car "had a 4 in it". Tim said "No way!". After the jaw dropping run, Bob Frey called out Richards... "Liar, liar, pants on fire!". Richards was livid.

AND THEN - the fastest top fuel race of all time between Cory McClenathen and Scott Kalitta, when Scott powered by in the lights at 308MPH! (I was at the finish line, and have pics of that, too) The record then was around 303, I think. Anyway - the place EXPLODED. We had just seen the most EPIC drag race of all time with record speeds and times set and reset.

It was INCREDIBLE, and I WAS THERE for all it.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
    X