• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRoberts
    replied
    Re: Barnstormin': What's the Next Race?

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
    Great, read there, Brian. You got my brain moving again. I think the next great race will be to come up with an alternative to fossil fuels that will burn in an internal combustion engine. I am not a fan of electric vehicles by any stroke of the imagination as they are far from green to manufacture. If the US can produce its own fuel and reduce the dependence on foreign entities to provide our life blood, we can employ Americans with much needed jobs. Does that sound too far fetched?

I don't think the oil companies will go for it, which means Congress won't support it, but heck.... it was a thought.

Ron
    Congress may have no choice. I think the public is beginning to slowly send out a demand for such changes. The research, etc, involved could create jobs and that too would be attractive to Congress.

I feel that it is in the area that the U.S. can find a race to win. That is if we don't wait too long at the starting lights.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied

When/If an economical way to get people and materials into space, then I see a great race to the cosmos.

(ok, sure it sounds Star Trekkie, but that's what I see for a technological race, we can already annihilate ourselves).

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied

Excellent piece. I don't know what the next challenge might be either.

Perhaps China is going to have to do something to finally get us so pissed off that we wake up to what we're facing...

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied

Great, thought-provoking read there, Brian. You got my brain moving again. I think the next great race will be to come up with an alternative to fossil fuels that will burn in an internal combustion engine. I am not a fan of electric vehicles by any stroke of the imagination as they are far from green to manufacture. If the US can produce its own fuel and reduce the dependence on foreign entities to provide our life blood, we can employ Americans with much needed jobs. Does that sound too far fetched?

I don't think the oil companies will go for it, which means Congress won't support it, but heck.... it was a thought.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• cjforumadmin
    started a topic Barnstormin': What's the Next Race?

Barnstormin': What's the Next Race?

Working...
X