Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/Fuel Tech Part 3: Inside the Short-Block

Re: A/Fuel Tech Part 3: Inside the Short-Block

I can't believe that aluminum is used to those HP levels :o I did not expect that.

Hope they found the cranks :P
    The team had the crank polished and checked for cranks by the machine shop while they were looking at the block.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yeah, tease our fearless leader about his little boo-boos... ;D It's good to find a crank in your crank, not so good to find a crack in your crank but you do not ever want to find a crank in your...oh never mind.

I had some help with my purple car by a former A/Fuel racer, Ches Bushey from So. Cal. I found the 6,000 rpm thing to be amazing, he said that is where they like to run and no point in spinning them much higher.

Am loving looking at this stuff.

Comment

i was two doors down from ethan this weekend, working with Robin Samsel...
        and....we had a crack in our crank. and it broke first round.. we qualified no#15 and had Fink first round. and that&^%$#@ came apart around the 330 mark, and Robin was ahead....and nailed his ass to the tree to boot.
        Fink....did not return for round two. coulda shoulda woulda...
        ethan's going to get it soon, probably this weekend.
        they are a class act waving the BS banner....
        i was just trying to tie the crack, crank thing all to gather.

and yes, aluminium is your friend here, think of it as a shock absorber.
        they last a while, but if you drop holes it shortens the life span. we call them consumables, just like spark plugs and bearings.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
        X