Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Book Review: Class of 2009: Manitoba's Cruising Phenomenon in Pictures by Jordan Morningstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Review: Class of 2009: Manitoba's Cruising Phenomenon in Pictures by Jordan Morningstar

Re: Book Review: Class of 2009: Manitoba's Cruising Phenomenon in Pictures by Jo

Something I meant to tell Brian before this went up--if anyone here wants a copy, it's free shipping to US & Canada for Bangshift members. PM me and we'll work out the details so I can send you one directly...

Comment

Re: Book Review: Class of 2009: Manitoba's Cruising Phenomenon in Pictures by Jordan Morningstar

Jordan -
      Congrats on getting this thing in print. As a half-a$$ed author myself I know how much work it is to get anything published. Good for YOU. What's the price in USD?

Dan

Comment

Re: Book Review: Class of 2009: Manitoba's Cruising Phenomenon in Pictures by Jo

Hey Dan, thanks for the comment, I appreciate it!

The price is $25 US or Canadian. Sounds like a ripoff, I know, but the $2 difference after exchange goes to help cover the $7.50 in US Airmail that I'm not charging members of this board. That, and I don't want to undercut the retailers in the US that are carrying it.

Comment

Re: Book Review: Class of 2009: Manitoba's Cruising Phenomenon in Pictures by Jordan Morningstar

That's very cool, I think I'm going to have to pick up one of those. I grew up in Winnipeg, but I moved to Detroit in '95. I wonder if my old '70 Road Runner is in there - it's been restored now by a guy in Winnipeg, and it's burnt orange in color. It'll be cool to see if I can recognize any of the cars I used to see out cruising back in the early 90's.

Comment

Can I ask why you moved to Detroit? I'm going to guess something car related....

Comment

Originally posted by cruisefever
              Can I ask why you moved to Detroit? I'm going to guess something car related....
              Yeah, I got a job with Ford. I'm an engineer. I drove down here in my '72 Charger SE, and left my '70 Road Runner and my '69 Dart GT back in my parents garage. I eventually had the Dart shipped here, but I sold the Road Runner. Detroit salt ate the Charger, and it ended up getting parted out, but I've still got the Dart.

I've got some pictures from some drag races at Gimli, a Mopar car show, and a cruise-in at the Pony Corral.

Comment

Ford engineer, that sounds like a decently fun job. I just found a Ford logo on the coolest fusebox EVAR under the dash of my Mazda 3. If I was smart, I'd figure out how to retrofit one into an old pre-war coupe. Give me a shout if you're ever in town, I'll see about getting you into some of the hidden collections around town.

Comment

Working...
                X