Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: The Swedes are Going to Own Saab Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: The Swedes are Going to Own Saab Again

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: The Swedes are Going to Own Saab A

While not a SAAB fancier (should be all in caps, as it stands for "Swedish Aircraft, AB" (like "Inc.") , I think this is GREAT news. Hopefully they can get other Swedish companies online with the concept and make more crazy, interesting cars. IKEA, maybe? Or are they Finnish?

Dan

Comment

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: The Swedes are Going to Own Saab Again

Having always liked SAAB, and then owning a '87 and '91 900S, I'm glad to see this happen. Quirky yes, but built like a little tank. I always felt safe in them and although they both leaked fluids like the Exxon Valdez, they went ANYWHERE in the snow with 4 snow tires. I knew that once GM bought them, they would bastardize them, and they did. And now as they return to their roots I hope they re-emerge with the old identity they had and not the cookie cutter mentality GM thrust on them.

Comment

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: The Swedes are Going to Own Saab Again

I think it's awesome not so much that I like Saab, but more for the parent company.
        Koenigsegg is a really cool company. Their flagship is NUTS

Here's a link to what Brian refers to as a boutique sports car
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Do watch it, as cars guys I believe we can say " There in good hands"
        Lets see some more funky looking seedish cars. ;D

Comment

At least SAAB will be able to survive and grow... GM did a horrible job with SAAB... I had a 900 turbo. That car took all that NYC could throw at it and took it in stride...

Comment

Originally posted by CM325
            I think it's awesome not so much that I like Saab, but more for the parent company.
            Koenigsegg is a really cool company. Their flagship is NUTS

Here's a link to what Brian refers to as a boutique sports car
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Do watch it, as cars guys I believe we can say " There in good hands"
            Lets see some more funky looking seedish cars. ;D
            That car is bad. Don't know who can afford it though.
            1964 Chevelle
            Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
            LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

I think I have already stated my opinion of what GM did to SAAB somewhere on this forum earlier. I am exstatice that there is a Swedish buyer for SAAB. I have owned two SAABs both were the quirky lima bean shaped ones with V-4 Ford engines. I loved them. Check this site out for more info. about the the possible new buyer:

I hope SAAB can become quirky again.

Comment

Working...
              X