Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Pick of the Week: 1981 Corvette Sleeper

Re: eBay Pick of the Week: 1981 Corvette Sleeper

Man........I don't know why, but the "Bogus detector" is showing signs of life with the mention of 750 HP.....too many superlatives employed in the text.

It may actually turn something like 450-500 at best I'd say...hard to see, but those heads look like cast-iron to me.

The digital dash would be the first thing to hit "file 13".

All in all, a fun car for someone.

Comment

That car reminds me of a feature in a old car magazine I have, a white C3 with a hidden nitrous system and a system that sprayed water onto the tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Memphis
        That car reminds me of a feature in a old car magazine I have, a white C3 with a hidden nitrous system and a system that sprayed water onto the tires.
        I think that was an issue of Car Craft, with a long article on tips for building a sleeper capped off with a late '70s C3 as their example of an ultimate street sleeper. Thing looked dead stock even if you popped the hood, but was fast enough that he'd been thrown out of a local track for not having a rollcage.

The digital dash would be the first thing to hit "file 13".
        Agreed. I didn't much care for my C4's digital dash, and that one is even worse.

Comment

Working...
        X