Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a Wrap: Veale/Brown Motorsports NHRA Joliet Divisional Wrap Up

Re: That's a Wrap: Veale/Brown Motorsports NHRA Joliet Divisional Wrap Up

This is a graph from the third qualifying pass at the Joliet Division Three race this past weekend. As was stated in the wrap up of the weekend, the bdk was given another 1.5 turns, and the air was increased to 75 lbs at the step, ramping up to 95 lbs at 1.3-seconds, and holding there until 1.85-seconds. This is the pink-colored graph, or third one down from the left. The top, or purple graph shows the fuel flow. As you can see, the car had roughly 26.5 gallons at the hit and continued around with 26 to 27 gpm throughout the run. The second graph, or green line, shows the engine rpm. At this stage of the run, which is .392-seconds into it, the engine rpm was at 4553 rpm. If you follow this line to the right, it meets up with a yellow line. This is the driveshaft rpm. You can see it climb as the car goes downtrack, to where it meets the green (engine rpm) line. This is the point in the run where the engine goes one to one with the driveshaft. The last line on this graph, the blue line, is the fuel return flow. When the air starts to bleed off the bdk, and as the engines rpm climbs, fuel is diverted away from the motor and back to the main fuel line, or tank. Also visible, where the fuel flow and fuel return graph drops, is where Jeff got out of the throttle around 5.2-seconds into the run.

Comment

Are those EGT temps normal ? If that was an injected alcohol motor I would say the thing was dead rich. Just wondering.

Comment

Yes very normal but they will get up to a 1000 plus @ 2 sec & 1200 plus @ the big end . but you have to understand the volume is triple the amount of your alky set up , & in nitro racing the power is in the fuel !!

Comment

I understand the amount of fuel that it takes to get that car down the track. There isn't a time in run window on what was posted, I guess I should have assumed by the RPM that the car had just left the line.
          I try to have a least 800 degrees at the starting line, but with the advantage on an oxideser I can see why the EGT's would be lower.
          Fuel flow 1/3, HEHE that is almost 10 times more than we use, on a good run we will have a fuel flow of 2.2/2.3 depending on the conditions. Our fuel pressure would be probably somewhere around 105/110 again depending on conditions.
          A few things that I noticed that I think I may add to my race pak are fuel return, CC's per turn and average temp.
          Ora Vasquez shook his finger at me 2 years ago about CC's per turn and I didn't listen.
          Oh well, old guys take a while to learn I guess

Comment

Working...
          X