X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Land Speed" Louise Calls Out Jesse James

Re:

My first thought is she is correct.

But everything JJ is doing is a publicity stunt, why give it any credence by going on a pr offensive. What he did is not a record under any sanctioning body. Leave it alone and let it die.

Comment

Re: \

BINGO!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It can't die. He's been called out. I couldn't have scripted this any better.

Jesse now has to back up his mouth. First time for everything Eh?

Next season starts out with his legitimate sanctioned run. PR PR PR PR PR PR........Mo viewers...I watched his 'outrun Orange County Sherriffs' show and it was ok...He didn't need to cheat...didn't look like those sherriffs could drive at all.

Land speed racing gets TV coverage......just thought of that...?!? that could be good........

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Re:

I really enjoyed the one he did on riding a Top Fuel Bike. The narrator was irritating as hell, but I found the process that they went through interesting. When he got done feeling 9gs from the jet, his comment of "I don't what to do that again" was pretty down to earth. Not bad for a shameless self promoter.

Comment

Re:

Hmmm, a thought, maybe this is a pr stunt by Land Speed Louise...

Maybe I'm just too slow for this stuff.

Comment

The photo of the LSR looks like someone invested some real $$ - was it purpose built for Jesse?s stunt, does anyone know any background on the racer? I would like to hear from Chad?
              DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

Land Speed Louise is correct JJ did not set an official record. I wonder why he didn't go just a little bit further and actually run the thing in a more legitimate manner with a reconized organization to back up the record. The attempt seems rather half-assed to me. Lots more pr. But then I guess it was cheaper and easier to do it the way he did hoping that the viewers would never find out the "record" really wasn't a record at all.

No, I don't care for Jessie James. All about $$$ and PR. That's it.

Comment

Hmmm... so the argument is.... because he didn't have some lawyer sanctioning body make sure he did the stunt to the proper legal standards (5148 feet) he wasn't going as fast as he claimed.... that's just hilarious...
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Heck, anything that raises the profile of Land Speed Racing is a good thing. Louise has called him out, if he responds it raises the profile. the old saying goes all PR is good PR.

I'm working on the BLOODHOUND Project (1000mph car) over this side of the pond and anything that raises the international profile of Land Speed Records helps me!

JT

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
                      Heck, anything that raises the profile of Land Speed Racing is a good thing. Louise has called him out, if he responds it raises the profile. the old saying goes all PR is good PR.

I'm working on the BLOODHOUND Project (1000mph car) over this side of the pond and anything that raises the international profile of Land Speed Records helps me!

JT
                      There you go, so its all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                        Hmmm... so the argument is.... because he didn't have some lawyer sanctioning body make sure he did the stunt to the proper legal standards (5148 feet) he wasn't going as fast as he claimed.... that's just hilarious...
                        Not accurate. Spend a little time in the landracing scene and you'll understand. Jesse should have just claimed "fastest on hydrogen power" and not "captured a world record" because to do that, you MUST have a sanctioning body present that administers the process. If he'd have just put a GPS in the bike and logged top speed he could claim "fastest" but it's a well known fact, if the sanctioning body that is in charge of the recordkeeping isn't officially certifying, then it's a bogus claim. The record he claims to beat was administered by the FIA. Do some checking around and see what kind of efforts the local landspeed guys have to go through to officially challenge FIA records. It's expensive, time consuming, and actually has some complex rules.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Let me shed a little light here. First off, this project was started years ago, by some really big names that you would know. The project wasn't finished because of time, television politics, etc. Now was the chance to finish it, so it hit the dirt at El Mirage.

With that said, the car was ran at El Mirage, using the SCTA timing system, and overseen/operated by Mike Cook of the SCTA. Mike teched the car during it's build, made sure it was safe and met all requirements. Mike's team set up the course, and so I would assume it was the regulation length of 1.3 miles with the last 132 feet being timed to get a speed.

This also jives with what LandSpeed Louise said. It would appear to me that the bigger problem here is that LL is telling us El Mirage doesn't count because you aren't getting timed over a mile. This means none of the land speed organizations are legit except for racing at Bonneville, Lake Gardner, etc.

While interesting LL, your opinion is wrong, and therefore has little or no merit.

Is Jesse's run a "record". I don't know, because I don't know if the SCTA allows private record runs. Is it the fastest hydrogen powered internal combustion car in the world? YES. Oh, and it's a big block Chevy by the way. Take that BMW.
                          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

I like JJ...he seems like an ass.....my kind of guy.....it would almost appear that LL called him out for a reason....most people would shrug it off as a PR stunt...but I think she saw an opportunity to get some press for the sport and took it....sly.......

I have read about JJ....interview and such...dude puts off a good vibe...still rides, still builds and welds...digs hot rods....hangs with regular guys.....he doesn't seem to be the typical hollywood prick...just a dude who did the right thing at the right time and made money doing it....more power to himwish I had his metal working talent

That being said...I hope he backs up his run with a real sanctioning body.....that would be something to be proud of.....
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                              Take that BMW.
                              C'mon now lets play nice. This has little to do with them, and don't think for a second that they won't bring
                              something to the table to compete soon. Do you think the engineers and doctors are gonna let a greasy high school drop out beat'em.
                              That said good for him maybe next season they'll legitimize it.
                              Put the whole thing to rest.
                              LSR being the onl;y one that hasn't been taken advantage of by big money players that could care less about the sport.
                              A little bit of lime light for'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X