Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Pick of the Week: Factory Dual-Quad 1964 Buick Riviera

Re: eBay Pick of the Week: Factory Dual-Quad 1964 Buick Riviera

GM at its finest. I would love one of these.

Comment

I could have inherited a dual-quad '65 from my grandfather, but it went to my aunt instead, and she sold it. I got his '63 instead. Ended up selling it to the gardener for $200 after it came back gutted after being stolen for the second time. This was around 1983.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
        Ended up selling it to the gardener for $200
        You had a gardener???? :o

I always liked those Rivs ever since seeing Road House. ;)
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

When I worked at the Buick dealer we had a customer who had the clone to the one in the ad, but with the single quad engine. I still remember her name - Carolina. She was a nurse and was what would now be known as a MILF. It had a white leather interior and it smelled like her perfume - the original Estee Lauder. I hoped to be assigned her car whenever it was in for service, and sometimes I was. Happy memories! "And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson......."

Dan

Comment

My Dad gave me his '66 Rivera for as my graduation present in '76. It had the 425 Wildcat with dual quads, switch-pitch tranny, and modified posi with 3.55. Bobby Barr built the custom headers from extra flanges he had from his "Tommy Ivo Stock" that had a unique flat 4-to1 collectors, due the low chassis. He also suggested changing the driveshaft carrier bearing to a HD truck type.
            I had L60-15 out back and F60-15 up front on Cragar slots. It did 13.50s with powered everything. It was cool as blowing past unsuspecting victims at the track! The only problem I had was the seats didn't have headrest to prevent whiplash launches! Too bad the body was dissolving due to being surrounded by 2000 miles of Pacific Ocean. The drivetrain and interior now resides in a 56 F100 Big Window painted the same GM Classic White. Aloha!

Comment

Working...
            X