X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 11 Cars We Wish We Could Have Bought New

Re: The Top 11 Cars We Wish We Could Have Bought New

And to start the additions:

1973 Baldwin-Motion Chevelle: There's only one. Joel Rosen was actually ordered to shut down operations, and barely got the car out of the shop before higher-ups intervened.

1958 Fury: Nevermind the fame the car would recieve nearly twenty years later. Ever heard someone open the deep end of those carbs up? I don't know what it is, but that noise combined with the best of the forward-look cars is a winner for me.

'70 Maverick Grabber: Just because!
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

A 1936 Airflow???????

WTF?!?!?!

You dropped the ball here. Why not a 1968 396 Camaro or 1968 396 Nova (I am a Mopar guy and I KNOW these cars deserve props more than a freakin' Airflow) or a 1969-1/2 Road Runner or a Buick GN???? Geeeezzz... You missed the boat, big time!

An Airflow???? Cheese and Rice!!!

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

96 Impala SS I actually could have bought new. My wife (future wife at the time ) Talked me out of it.

My 73 Monte is almost exactly like I would have ordered it new.

I would have loved to buy a 69 GTX new and a 61 Ventura and a 70 TA
        and a....... way too many.

Comment

the '68 hemi dart would be at the top of my list too.

no car will ever be as badass as that. 8)

Comment

I give props for the Super Duty Firebird, but I thought for sure the ~'63 Catalina Super Duty would of been on here.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

If it were a top 12.... ;)

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It's a good list, but I agree with Remy. We needed a Motion car in there too.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think the only one on that list for me would have been the Hemi Dart.

But if we're playing time machine, I would have just snapped up a bunch of Yenkos and Hemi Cudas, predicting to sell some around 1989 and some last year.

Comment

How about a 69 SS 396, 375 hp Nova (4 speed of course)? A Hurst Chrysler 300? I know am really weird but if could have bought a Musclecar new I would want some thing very unique, like a 69 Baracuda notch back 440 4 speed "mod top"

Comment

Had a 1970 1/2 Z28 Camaro with the split bumper, LT1, M22 Trans, 4.11 Posi RA. Wife said we needed a family car with a back seat so that was my choice. Overall great handling, very quick, high winding small block. It would make the list in my opinion.

Comment

I made a "Smog Edition"... but it's only a Top 10 :-\

1.1978 W-72/WS6 Trans-Am.
                        2.1989 Mustang LX 5.0
                        3.1987 Grand National
                        4.1987 Mustang SVO
                        5.1986 Omni GLHS
                        6.1991 Dodge Spirit RT
                        7.1979 Ford Fairmont
                        8.1987 Trans Am GTA (good luck)
                        9.1982 Toyota Corolla (3TC)
                        10.1990 Eclipse GSX
                        Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

We gotta be about the same age. I like 'em all except the Eclipse.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

If I could have bought them new:

10) 1959 Austin Healey 3000 (black!)

9) 1967 AC 427 Cobra (Why not? These things were monsters!)

8) 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Barritz (This thing is the classiest of anything the Big 3 ever offered.)

7) 1970 Porsche 917 (these cars don't have to be street legal, do they?)

6) 1968 Chevy Camaro 396 4-speed (this thing will put a smile on your face and a pucker in your upholstery!)

5) 1969-1/2 Plymouth Road Runner 440-6, bench seat, 4-speed (brutality with a beep beep horn)

4) 1939 Auburn Boattail Speedster (The ULTIMATE cruiser!)

3) 1933 Willys Coupe (and it would be transformed into a gas coupe!)

2) 1955 Chevy Bel Air (The introduction of the small block Chevy into one of the cleanest machines Chevy ever offered)

1) 1968 Hemi Barracuda (This car was over the top in SO many ways and it doesn't look as butchered as its Dodge brother.)

Ron

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I think DF owns one of the CSS trucks, I saw the stripes on the roof.
                              But a 1965 426W CSS D100 would do it for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X