Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bloodhound SSC Project Is Dead: Broke and With No Hop Of Funding, Car Is Being Dismantled, Parts Sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bloodhound SSC Project Is Dead: Broke and With No Hop Of Funding, Car Is Being Dismantled, Parts Sold

The most ambitious land speed record project in history is dead. The Bloodhound SSC project, a near decade long undertaking to design, engineer, and build the first car capable of going 1,000mph has gone bankrupt and with no hope of securing the estimated $31,500,000 needed to finish the car and actually run it in the […]

The post The Bloodhound SSC Project Is Dead: Broke and With No Hop Of Funding, Car Is Being Dismantled, Parts Sold appeared first on BangShift.com.

More...

It was never going to happen. Speed records go up in increments - not by leaps and bounds, and surely not a leap of over 200MPH from 763 to 1000. Each mile per hour costs money, and each successive mile per hour costs twice as much as the previous mile per hour. So by the time you've reached your target speed, you've run out of money. It's on a logarithmic scale, increasing exponentially. I never believed they'd even come close.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I work with a guy that was on an Indy car team. he said that @ 200+ mph it takes (IIRC) 15 horsepower for EACH mph increase. so from 200 to 202 (MPH) you have to gain 30 HP. 1,000 MPH on the ground.....
      not going to happen in our lifetimes
      See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

Working...
      X