Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Old Press Photos: Beauty and the Beast, the 1957 Lincolns

Re: Cool Old Press Photos: Beauty and the Beast, the 1957 Lincolns

I always kinda liked the '57 big Lincolns - but I am a bit "different". Anything with that much fin has to be OK. The Continentals were, in a word, breathtaking. I remember seeing one from time to time as a kid and drooling on the spot (usually the back seat of Dad's car). I think all of them I ever saw were either a dark burgundy or white although I'm sure they must have come in a full spectrum or colors.

Dan

Comment

Even with a $10,000 price tag on the Mark II's, Lincoln still lost a grand on each one. They were totally handmade along with the motor which was hand assembled and dyno tested before being installed.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
        I always kinda liked the '57 big Lincolns - but I am a bit "different". Anything with that much fin has to be OK. The Continentals were, in a word, breathtaking. I remember seeing one from time to time as a kid and drooling on the spot (usually the back seat of Dad's car). I think all of them I ever saw were either a dark burgundy or white although I'm sure they must have come in a full spectrum or colors.

Dan
        Those fins are kinda cool and then you just gotta love the understated elegance of the MarkII. I think I'll take one of each.

Comment

Working...
        X