Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Gearhead Story: Torture with a Slant Six Intake Swap

Re: Great Gearhead Story: Torture with a Slant Six Intake Swap

Isn't this why we love old cars and stuff? I mean if it were easy would be enjoy it as much?

Comment

I did that exact swap on a 71 Duster I had using parts I pulled out of a Pick-Your-Part. Fortunately it went a lot easier that his!

Comment

I used to own a 1971 Dodge Demon. It was factory equipped with a 225 and a 1-lung carb. In one weekend, I replaced the 7-1/4" rear with an 8-3/4" from a 1966 Coronet, installed a 727 Torqueflite from a 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham (retaining the factory Demon linkage and column shift, no less!), upgraded the front brakes to 1973 Dart discs and completed the ensemble with a mild 440 with a set of elephant ears and Hooker fenderwell headers. No kidding! I started on Friday after work and drove it to work on the following Monday. My wife helped me a little bit and I skipped a couple of meals, but I did it on my own.

This, folks, is how to upgrade the power of your slant in one weekend!

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yeah, but did you swap the intake?

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
            I mean if it were easy would be enjoy it as much?
            I dunno, yeah I guess not.
            But maybe a 350 Chevy-owner might want to answer that? :D
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Obviously, he's my long-lost brother, separated at birth! How do we get in contact so we can reestablish our familial bonds? He's a pretty fair writer, too. Murphy reigns supreme.

Dan

Comment

No kidding! We've all had our trials and tribulations with the machines we love to wrench on. I swear anything I work on works fine once I give it a little blood as a sacrifice.

Man, I love this guy's Dart. The independent rear end under that thing is trick.

Comment

Great story! I was expecting to hear about the infamous single nut under the choke stove, but that one was a lot worse.

Comment

nothing a 340 can't fix
                    all that work to get lapped by yugos

Comment

I bought a 64 convertable for my daughter for her first car. It had a later 225 that was worn out so I fixed that problem but it was still a dog so I found a 4 bbl manifold on e bay, and installed a set of Clifford's Research headers and power steering. That little devil ran like a V 8. First thing she did is knock out the sprag in the trans. Push button shifters are great for doing reverse to drive burn outs I found out. Next she blew the rear end. In my opinion any Chrysler rear end shouldn't be in anything short of a lawn tractor. I headed to pick and part in search of a real rear end ( read that Ford) and I found an 8 inch from a 63 Falcon V8, perfect width, and the spring perches were in the right place, I did have to do a little looking to make the u joint work but that was solved at Coast Machine.
                      Aside from the fact that the wheel bolt patterns didn't match it turned out to be a great set up. By great I mean she didn't break it again.

Comment

Somehow, when this kind of stuff happens to me, I think that I'm the only one. This was hysterical. Love how those cheap and easy things turn into such a disaster.

Comment

I don't know why I pay you so much ! all you have to do is work on cars

Comment

Working...
                          X